Outdoor Writer

Cage Fighting

Nice video.  These yard monsters just hang out in the neighborhoods the rest of the year.  I saw this one chillin under a busy I-25 overpass.

D8503C20-F24B-4342-9115-DF80B087975E.jpeg

3 hours ago, oz31p said:

Hmm, I’ve heard mule deer don’t fight very hard lolol

I took the fighting elk photo below in Mammoth (YNP) while sitting in my truck using a window-pod to shoot a herd in the middle of the grassy meadow in front of the hotel. Some gal pulled her SUV up to the curb on the opposite side from where I was. A few minutes later the two big bulls got into it and wound up fighting their way right next to her SUV. I'm only guessing here, but it seemed like they slammed into it at least six times on one side, putting some quite hefty dings in it. Then they moved to the back end and wound up tearing off the spare tire dealie that was mounted to the rear door. She was sitting inside the entire time and too dumb to start the engine and move. 

FIGHT1.jpg.ef5417dd52926d928563cbfa8b1ebeb4.jpg

• Like 1

Dang!  Nice footage.  I’ve seen lots of little guys play fighting but have yet to see a full of rut battle.  That’s be pretty cool to witness.

1 hour ago, mattys281 said:

Dang!  Nice footage.  I’ve seen lots of little guys play fighting but have yet to see a full of rut battle.  That’s be pretty cool to witness.

I watched as two 80in coues go at it for about 10mins years ago. Live that’s all I’ve ever seen

• Like 1