CatfishKev

Recovered silencer! Thanks Matt!

My mom would have shot a great first buck but apparently in my haste I screwed on the can wrong or something. Can blew off and could not find it.  Contacted member Rancilio (Matt from quiet time sports) this morning about warranty info on it if I could find the can.  He volunteers to come out and help and brought the big guns, his 5 and 3 year olds to help with the search. After already searching the hill he was on his little 3 year old son yells "I found it!".  Including Matt and his boys and the 4 kids I brought the youngest in the group wins the $20 prize and McDonalds sundaes for all! 

IMG_06371.thumb.jpg.93073688170c748068480963afefdbdf.jpg

20191222_131300.thumb.jpg.2dda442ce93210c2f536c014efaad59a.jpg

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Good times.  I am beyond glad we found it and that the can is in relatively good shape.  Other than Mom’s first deer opportunity, it will all work out.  TBAC will get you fixed up.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

So let's see the can....

Its in surprisingly good shape. But the threads sre messed up a bit.  I could see where the bullet hit and carved a small half moon shape on a couple baffles inside and flipped and notched a few on the other side.  Overall though if it werent for the threads I'm sure it would still work fine. Im sure they will have no problem fixing it.   No visible damage to the outside. Probably only went 40 yards.  I think im gonna paint it zombie green now.  

A bright pink cerakote might be nice.  Until then, the can shows some damage in the blast chamber where it appears that the bullet stopped, but no evidence of catastrophic failure, and no obvious damage to the external tube.  I am guessing that the blue in the blast chamber is vaporized copper.  True damage assessment will be up to TBAC.
For comparison, the first photo is a different TBAC Ultra silencer with only a few rounds through it.

269CDFBD-AC71-4181-9153-C115909C40A3.jpeg

089DD593-9C30-43CB-80A8-6E41F6182664.jpeg

9F5C2E9D-B7CF-4AD7-BCF1-B43F109D714F.jpeg

5C893580-DEE0-40FF-A054-B06E6D6E866A.jpeg

4EDFD733-57E5-4800-A1A7-2D524E4D5950.jpeg

• Like 2

Great that you were able to find it. This past year my son and I went to Ben Avery when they had a big show and there were some full autos with supressors we were able to shoot. My son had fired a few rounds through one when the supressor blew off and went about 30 feet down range.

• Like 1