Sign in to follow this  
Umpqua

What would you do with 21 points?

22 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

Do this ^

Done! :)

4 hours ago, rossislider said:

I have a coworker who miraculously lucked into a 23N archery bull tag this past year with 2 points. He really doesn't have a whole lot of hunting knowledge or experience. He didn't even have a clue how good his tag was. Someone told him to apply for it. He was asking me a bunch of questions after the draw, so I told him I would research some of the better 23N guides for him. I called Ground Pounders for him and $15,000 was the number I was quoted. Just about fell out of my chair. I think their rational for the high price tag is because they put their whole crew and team into one hunter/tag. Seeing what auction tags go for these days, to some hunters that is probably pocket change. Definitely not for the average Joe.

Sean at $15K I sure there was zero pressure on the hunter to hold out and shoot a monster. LOL

• Like 1

Guided hunts are just going up in price with the economy booming as it is.  This is happening across all states that I have looked into.  Drop camps, Semi guided, outfitted and fully guided are doing nothing but increasing in price every year.   Simple supply and demand is at play.  My outfitter I used last year in Alaska point blank told me that his prices are going to continue to increase just to keep up with all the other outfitters.  He is booked solid every year and continues to turn people away.  I need the economy to tank a little just so I can afford a few more drop camp hunts. haha