dakotakid

3 preference points - suggestions

8 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Next year, I’m laid up with a broken leg at the moment. I’ll apply this year but point guard may be my friend.

Get the f out, it’s gonna he prime. I’ll push your wheel chair straight into a 340 minimum 

3 minutes ago, AverageJoe said:

With 3 points youd be best to put in for a late archery hunt. They can be drawn with 3 points and the hunt is hard, but can be rewarding. You will definitely see a ton of good bulls. Try unit 1 and 23 late archery. 

If you want rifle, it would be hard to draw but not impossible. But as stated above, your chances are low. 

Thanks! I appreciate the advice! I still haven’t decided what I’m going to do yet. Leaning toward applying for a late season rifle hunt and crossing my fingers. 

10 minutes ago, oz31p said:

I hear Colorado is nice in the fall😉

It is! But, I’m in point purgatory in CO right now.

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Get the f out, it’s gonna he prime. I’ll push your wheel chair straight into a 340 minimum 

I’ll hobble on crutches to a 340! I’ll straight up walk to a 360!!! And I’d cut the fu(kin cast off and run for a 400!!!

29 minutes ago, dakotakid said:

I moved here in July of 2017. Joined in 2012, because I figured I’d hunt AZ someday and I liked what I had read on the CW forum. 

I’ve got kids, all in sports, so I get out when I can, which isn’t often, and I still go back North at least once a season to hunt there, so I’ve got little knowledge to offer about hunting AZ, that’s why I haven’t said much!

You moved to az in 2017? Or ND?

Just now, CatfishKev said:

You moved to az in 2017? Or ND?

AZ

5 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I’ll hobble on crutches to a 340! I’ll straight up walk to a 360!!! And I’d cut the fu(kin cast off and run for a 400!!!

Let’s do it then, you ain’t getting any younger 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dakotakid said:

AZ

Got ya. Based on first post I assumed you were out of state.  Assuming you are now an az res with an az license you are at least not capped at 10% of the tags.   You live in the valley? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Got ya. Based on first post I assumed you were out of state.  Assuming you are now an az res with an az license you are at least not capped at 10% of the tags.   You live in the valley? 

Totally understandable. I feel like a nonres when it comes to hunting here. I do live in the valley and I’ve been a res. Since 2017.

Definitely a lot harder to draw a tag here than what I’m used to in the North country.

Based on the geography and vegetation, it’s definitely a lot harder hunting here than I’m used to as well!

I did get to join a friend of mine on a cow elk hunt near Heber in 2017. It was a humbling and educational experience.

1 hour ago, dakotakid said:

It is! But, I’m in point purgatory in CO right now.

OTC. 

I Kidd because.....I’ve been drinking😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

Put in with me and let’s do archery 

Unit 1, correct? 😎

9 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Unit 1 sucks, I’m all about 4b these days check my IG page. All 4b bulls 

Yeah, I know. No more poverty bulls for you. Lol. 

• Like 1