Sign in to follow this  
rimhunter

one more deer killer down

Congrats on the lion.

OK , one of the guys I work with son has dogs . and just happens to live down the street from me . His dad and I talk hunting all the time one day he wonted me to go out with his son to chase a lion . we went out and got on a large tom and chased him about four hours untell he went into a mine shaft .we tried everything to get him out but he wouldent cooperate and it got dark I had to work the next day so he took one of his buddies out and got him .

The kid said as soon as he got on to another one he would call . months went by and I thought he forgot about me . I drive my fourwheeler by his place all the time and could see his dogs and him were gone all the time . one day he was in the front yard and waved me down said he had been out a lot but couldent get on one only found old tracks I told him where I had seen tracks . Another few weeks went by .I was at home and the phone rang it was Joe and he wonted to know what I was doing .he had just jumped a cat and was on his way home to get the dogs . I told him I would meet him where the cat was jumped I loaded my bow on the fourwheeler and headed out when I noticed I had no gas turned around and was lucky I had some most of the time I dont .

I got up to where he was parked unloaded and looked for Joe I could hear the dogs Joe came over the hill and said the dogs were two hills over so off we went up tjhe first hill I thought I was doing good keeping up with him I could see the top and knew I would be going down soon we hit the top and I told Joe I needed a break after a short break we were gone we stoped at the top of the next hill to listen for the dogs they had went up and crossed back over into the canyon we drove up . back we went when we hit the last hill we could see the dogs on the next hill over that was covered with bolders . Joe told me the dogs had him there and we needed to get over there quick . When we got there the dogs were all over the place . joe said the lion was held up somewhere in the rocks . we headed to the top when we got there joe pointed to a crack in some rocks .there she was two dogs had her cornered . we got there but there wasent a shot Joe got one of his dogs named Bruce Lee and told him to get the cat he ran in and forced the cat out and down the hill they went I watched the bottem but never saw cat or dogs we went over the edge and saw the cat in a large tree . we got down to where they were took pic's and I ended her deer killing ways . Less then 100 yards from where we parked .

Bruce

Wow, neat story and thanks for sharing and helping out the deer population.

TJ

Right on Bruce. ;) It looks like you all had one heck of a time. Now you have to get me set up on a bear DON'T FORGET. :lol:

You still have the nitrogen tank? Drop by we will talk.