Sign in to follow this  

got my desert sheep when i was 14, been trying 18 yrs now for my rocky to finish off my big 10

18 years........ that should put you at max BPs!!!! :blink: Good luck on the draw! ;)

My Bro-in-Law has Max BPs for Sheep and he does not have his Desert yet..... I think this might be his year! I hope! :D I am up to like 8-9 for BPs toward my Rocky.......and Prayin' like a MoFo!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

CnS and Lefty you 2 guys are way to young to draw a second

Az Sheep tag.

Those few Rocky tags are for old guys like me. ;)

My granpa is putting in for 46a 1st and 15c 2nd.

You might want to point out to your grandpa, that 46a is a young man's game..... that is one of, if not the toughest hunts in the state. ;) Just an FYI..... if he knows what he is up against then, good for him, and good luck.... but putting in for that should not be done without some fore-thought... just my $0.02....... ;)

Um.... and you all you Rocky guys.....there are no more rocky rams left in AZ!!!!! ;) ...... And a new state record was killed out of Foote Cr. last year.... in case you did not know that! ;) :P

They already promised me a Rocky tag.... but are having a hard time getting it to me..... :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There has been oneless permit in the total for that Foote Creek hunt, I think, thanks in part to that ram that got poached in 2004 and reproduction rates????

You had better have your boots on tight when heading in to 46A or B for that matter. Lots of walking. We have guided a number of clients down in those units. 100% widerness. There's even some outfitters that wont go into these units. You can also go days without even seeing any sheep. But there also a chance of killing a booner. Good luck to all. I'm already planning on one of the rocky tags.

got my desert sheep when i was 14, been trying 18 yrs now for my rocky to finish off my big 10

You do not have to get your rocky to finish off your big 10

1.elk

2.whitetail

3.lope

4.big horn

5.javi

6.turkey

7.buffalo

8.bear

9.lion

10.mulie

Maybe I'm wrong. :( What do you all think?

TJ

TJ,

You're dead on.

The ORIGINAL AZ Big Ten was around long before the RM sheep became a resident here. Same for the Gould's turkey. Actually, with those two species, we might say there's now an AZ Big 12.

I lack a desert sheep and a bison for my original Big Ten, and I'll probably never get to hunt RM sheep in AZ IF I ever draw my desert permit. I've killed a Gould's in Mexico but never applied for one of the few permits here. -TONY

ya, i wasn't thinking right i should've said my elite eleven, ha, ha!

i was very lucky as a kid, i could've had my big 10 when i was 14 if i just could've got a lion, i finally got him when i was 22.

QUESTION?

If you don't have either a Desert or Rocky Mountain Sheep here in Az., can you put in for both of them in one calander year? Just wondering!

Carl

QUESTION?

If you don't have either a Desert or Rocky Mountain Sheep here in Az., can you put in for both of them in one calander year? Just wondering!

Carl

YES,

But only on one application.

Better start with Desert and

maybe in 20 years you'll get one.