Sign in to follow this  
AZantlerhead

Just got back, pics of my pack

Well I got back last night from a 3 day adventure. Just me and my old dog. Packed in the first day, did my shed hunting the second day and packed out the third. Heres a couple pics of my pack, weighs in at 85 lbs includeing the day pack i had tied on thats not shown, plus a gallon jug of water ;)

I'll post more and better pics of the sheds and head this week. Yes I'm sore, the pain is temporary- memories last.

I encountered the same black bear 4 times on this trip :blink: He wanted to eat my dog and maybe my pack , witch was on my back. I saw him twice while hikeing and he came in my camp twice.My trusty terrier kept him back in the trees . I can't wait till bear season, he's huge. And attitude, lemme tell ya! We havent seen the last of eachother! At one point he got within 30yds of my back while hikeing, I turned around and quikly got my Knife and gun in hand, yelling ,brandishing weapons and the Dog of all dogs at my side, that kept him far enough from me to live till bear season. But he's marked! Of all the crap i packed no camera :(

post-2337-1213118358_thumb.jpg

post-2337-1213118325_thumb.jpg

Wow, sounded like a good time. There is no way I could have carried that pack. Even without the camera I could see the bear as you told it. I had a similar situation years ago, back in the superstitions, and brought back memories I had forgotten. Thanks for sharing.

TJ

Awesome! Your making me wish I lived closer to elk country. Can't wait to see more pictures of the antlers. How about a picture of your dog too? Thanks for sharing.

Welcome to the site Hunter X.

TJ

So was the bear afraid of the knife, the handgun or more than likely the Terrier? Just messing with you sounds like a fun filled weekend! Cant wait to see the pictures of the horns.

More pics of the load post-2337-1214251578_thumb.jpgpost-2337-1214251598_thumb.jpg[attac

hment=8272:june_7th_08_002.jpg]post-2337-1214251628_thumb.jpg

post-2337-1214251615_thumb.jpg

You don't think I'd leave a beatifull elk head in a canyon just cause it still has hair on it do you? :blink: :rolleyes: My First nice winter elk head find to boot. You'd have to pry it from my cold dead hands buddy!

You don't think I'd leave a beatifull elk head in a canyon just cause it still has hair on it do you? :blink: :rolleyes: My First nice winter elk head find to boot. You'd have to pry it from my cold dead hands buddy!

exactly.

Or, the AZGFD could trade you the head with a citation....

exactly ;)

exactly ;)

PULEEEEZE! Any of you guys find a dead head and you're all telling us here on this site that you'd just leave it!?!?! I sure as heck wouldn't but that's just me. Does that make us that do outlaws? I harldy doubt it. I guarandamntee if I was 4 miles into a roadless area and found a head that it'd be on my pack just as ol AZantlerhead did. Now if it happened to be a GIANT head I'd at least make a call and let them know that I was gonna take it cause big heads attract a lot of attn, most good but the little bad that it does can spoil all the fun of finding it in the first place. I rarely find skulls but got lucky back in March with that big nt wt head I found. I made sure that I called a GW just after I found it just in case any brown stinky stuff about it surfaced.

exactly ;)

PULEEEEZE! Any of you guys find a dead head and you're all telling us here on this site that you'd just leave it!?!?! I sure as heck wouldn't but that's just me. Does that make us that do outlaws? I harldy doubt it. I guarandamntee if I was 4 miles into a roadless area and found a head that it'd be on my pack just as ol AZantlerhead did. Now if it happened to be a GIANT head I'd at least make a call and let them know that I was gonna take it cause big heads attract a lot of attn, most good but the little bad that it does can spoil all the fun of finding it in the first place. I rarely find skulls but got lucky back in March with that big nt wt head I found. I made sure that I called a GW just after I found it just in case any brown stinky stuff about it surfaced.

You said it Grong!! More power to ya AZantlerhead.

Thanks Bushman :D :D . seen one of those bucks lately?

We just returned from a good weekend, packed out 18 between the two of us with two heads included, left about 10 chalkies laying :) . But as I've said last post, No more pics or extra details, Video out by 2010!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I could share but you'll have too pay for the footage were getting ;) sorry guys, It will be worth the wait, you're gonna enjoy going allong. Go ahead and try and immate but you'll be hard pressed to duplicate (Josh not incl.) ;) Our videos are gonna need a " attempt at you're own risk" sticker :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Josh, thanks for backing me on the "hair" issue. Ha! what a joke huh. Goverment trying to control every aspect of everything. Are we becomeing a communist goverment??????? makes me wonder <_< :huh: Whens the barcode tattoo comeing?

Well, I hope you enjoy your video. Your value system of being a shed god is almost funny, the value of shed hunting for some folks is just about getting out and enjoying the hunt. As for the heads it's really simple why there is regulations on the heads to try and control the poaching of trophy animals. I also will keep heads that I find but like josh I call on the bigger ones.