Sign in to follow this  
Oldboar2

Arizona pronghorn rut/archery

The last archery tag I had I put a Mckenzie antelope archery target out and killed a buck at 8 oclock opening morning.35 yds came smoking in.

Bucks were making scrapes and starting to get with does last weekend. Rut should be going strong in a few weeks

43 minutes ago, azcouesandelk said:

Bucks were making scrapes and starting to get with does last weekend. Rut should be going strong in a few weeks

Hard to believe that August is almost here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, yotebuster said:

The antelope rut is about a month earlier in AZ then it is in WY and MT. Antelope in AZ fawn in April and early May while antelope in the northern climates fawn in late late May through June. 

I have cameras out right now in antelope country and I did not start to get any antelope fawns on film until middle of June. As a matter of fact, the elk & antelope started dropping at about the same time.  First elk calf was June 3rd but on June 12th I started getting lots of calves and antelope fawns.  I have always heard deer, elk & antelope fawns in northern climates are born earlier than more moderate climates because they need to get some age/strength on them before the harsh winters come further north.  I have also heard mother nature has them all drop at about the same time so predators do not have such an impact on their ability to survive.  

I hope rut is earlier this year because I have a hunt. 

10 minutes ago, BOHNTR said:

They were rutting pretty good this morning....I needed all the edge I could get.  😎

What unit are you hunting?  I found a buck you may be interested in, in a stockable position