Sign in to follow this  
wildwoody

Polles fire (west of Payson) Helicopter down.

Hopefully they regain control of that one.  I would think that would be a threat to Pine/Strawberry if it got too big.

• Like 1

Over 500+ acres, no containment, type one team coming in tonight.  Cutting fire break around pine. But no big deal right. Dam lightning. Prayers

15 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Over 500+ acres, no containment, type one team coming in tonight.  Cutting fire break around pine. But no big deal right. Dam lightning. Prayers

Yep, hopefully we get some lighting that comes with rain soon

• Like 1

Hey woody was it windy down by you? It’s dead calm up on the rim   Wondering how the heck they went from yesterday’s report to this one. 
sounds like they are tossing the kitchen sink at it now

16 minutes ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Hey woody was it windy down by you? It’s dead calm up on the rim   Wondering how the heck they went from yesterday’s report to this one. 
sounds like they are tossing the kitchen sink at it now

It picked up in the afternoon when she flared up, 17 mph gusts today..

I'm in Pine and the neighbor just came over and said there will be 9 tankers coming in tomorrow morning. She said Pine and Strawberry are in the path. It was dead calm overnight and this morning. My son just left to go into Payson so we will see what the latest is when he comes back.

3 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

I'm in Pine and the neighbor just came over and said there will be 9 tankers coming in tomorrow morning. She said Pine and Strawberry are in the path. It was dead calm overnight and this morning. My son just left to go into Payson so we will see what the latest is when he comes back.

Tomorrow morning, hope its not to late, government smart..

3 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Tomorrow morning, hope its not to late, government smart..

WW as you may very well know the wind yesterday was out of the west and Payson was socked in. When we left Pine today at 11 I could only see one small plume  of smoke that was maybe a couple of hundred feet high.

1 minute ago, PRDATR said:

WW as you may very well know the wind yesterday was out of the west and Payson was socked in. When we left Pine today at 11 I could only see one small plume  of smoke that was maybe a couple of hundred feet high.

Yes sir, true but wind is picking up and the afternoons are when they get crazy and the plume rises, remember it was contained yesterday morning.. well see in a couple hrs. Thanks for the positive thoughts..

• Like 1

Just herd a forest service Huey helicopter has crashed fighting the fire, no word on survivors yet, on fire trying to get there.. God bless and prayers for the Men..

• Like 2

Sounds like pilot only, waiting on confirmation updates.

• Like 1