COOSEFAN

Cool fishin' experience

Finally got some pic's loaded up from a fishin' trip last week. The fishin' was incredible and my thumb is still raw from lippin' those big bass! I heard something splashing around in the water and looked to see a young Whitewing doin' the backstroke in the middle of the lake. We trolled over and threw em' in the boat. He sat on the middle seat for about an hour and just watched us fish while he dried off in the sun! There were other folks fishing near us and they all got a kick out of our little mascot, or as we called em'...our "lucky charm". I eventually caught a nice bass that was just over 4 pounds and got the little guy to pose for a couple pictures. As soon as I leaned over to release the fish, our "lucky charm" flew off, almost into the water again, but he made it up into the trees! Very cool experience ;)

GoldenPondBird.jpg

GoldenPondfishwbird1.jpg

GoldenPondfishwbird2.jpg

I was fishin' with Butters and we had a little competition goin'.......I kicked his butt with this 5lb 4oz fish! To his credit though, I did witness him losing one at the boat that was considerably larger......I swear I saw his eyes water up, but the tears quickly went away when my laughter broke the silence :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

GoldenPondJimbobigfish.jpg

Jim, that pic of you, fish, and bird is awesome. :D One of a kind. Thanks for sharing.

TJ

Jim, judging by the bloody tail on that pez, I'm guessin they have a late spawn going on huh?

Very nice!

PS. Nice "fishin shoes"

Jim, judging by the bloody tail on that pez, I'm guessin they have a late spawn going on huh?

Very nice!

PS. Nice "fishin shoes"

Ah...you do know a little spanish! I was catching spawning bass but haven't in a while, I think the tail stays bloody for a little while is my guess. The fish have moved from the shallow beds down into the deep thick stuff lately. Oh, and Danners aren't only used for huntin' ;) Thanks, JIM>

Jim, do you know what the difference between a pez, and a pescado is?

I do not speak Spanish BUT,

pez is what I do after drinking a few cold ones.

pescado is what I do after several chats with Mr. CUERVO :wacko:

Jim, do you know what the difference between a pez, and a pescado is?

I do not speak Spanish BUT,

pez is what I do after drinking a few cold ones.

pescado is what I do after several chats with Mr. CUERVO :wacko:

:lol: :lol:

Casey, the difference is that a Pez swims in a lake, and a Pescado swam in a fryin' pan ;)

We were at Tempe Town Lake.......that's why there were other people around! ;)

Pitchin' chartreuse jigs and lizards up under overhangs, cranks have also worked well. Right now some of the bigger lakes have incredible topwater bites in the AM and last till late in the mornings. Wish I could get in on that, but for me it's time to hang up the poles :(

That dove is lucky it didn't end up being bass food! That's a unique photo for sure of you, the bass and dove.

Wonder how long that dove floundered in the water before you picked it up.

Amanda