firstcoueswas80

New pack recommendation?

1 hour ago, phillyphan said:

So you can get a frame and pack from Kifaru for $700 or a brand new MR Pintler for around $300.  Which one do you pick? 

MR terra frame is $229 at sierra trading post right now. Its basically a Pintler renamed.   Still only 5 pounds and has the meat shelf. Im getting one for my birthday. Cant justify the $600 for a Kifaru right now.  Its still better then what im rocking right now.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

MR terra frame is $229 at sierra trading post right now. Its basically a Pintler renamed.   Still only 5 pounds and has the meat shelf. Im getting one for my birthday. Cant justify the $600 for a Kifaru right now.  Its still better then what im rocking right now.  

A coworker runs the pintler and loves it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Heat said:

All 3 styles of Duplex Frames are Sold Out right now. What does that tell you?

That I was unaware the amount of money people have into their packs. If you told me 2 weeks ago that a pack and frame cost $710 plus tax no accessories, I would have thought you were pulling my leg. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Heat said:

All 3 styles of Duplex Frames are Sold Out right now. What does that tell you?

Yeah, but so are the Mystery Ranch packs.  All of them at least in the large size are out of stock.  I would go with the Kifaru if I had that kind of money, but I don't and the Mystery Ranch seem to be well built too.  The Pintler is what I'm leaning toward for what I need it for. Thanks for everyones input on this thread.  I feel like I completely hijacked it from the OP, but it's good info for everyone.

10 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

That I was unaware the amount of money people have into their packs. If you told me 2 weeks ago that a pack and frame cost $710 plus tax no accessories, I would have thought you were pulling my leg. 

First thing I look at when hunting with someone new is their pack.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

First thing I look at is their binos. 

Swaros, fancy rifle, big talking game, fancy hunting clothes and an eberlestalk means Im probably having a long, painful hunt with them...

YMMV

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

First thing I look at is their binos. 

Probably couldn't hang with any of you lol.  My Vortex Binos and Badlands packs 😂

1 minute ago, phillyphan said:

Probably couldn't hang with any of you lol.  My Vortex Binos and Badlands packs 😂

Nah, I know guys who run 12x vortex binos and can outglass most.  

I run 15s in vortex as they worked best for my eyes.

• Like 1

Just now, Jcubed said:

Nah, I know guys who run 12x vortex binos and can outglass most.  

I run 15s in vortex as they worked best for my eyes.

Yeah my father in law has the 15x Kaibabs and I swear that guy spots animals out of nowhere.  It's amazing what he can find with those binos.

1 minute ago, phillyphan said:

I’m sure you could. Easy to tell I’m a terrible hunter, I have a Cabela’s back pack. Don’t tell the animals I’ve killed that though. 

I wear my walmart camo and have had elk walk up within 5 yards of me and not know I was there.  Video proof too.  I don't understand the $300 Sitka pants unless you plan to wear them every day of your hunt on a 7 day hunt lol, but that's just me.

2 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I’m sure you could. Easy to tell I’m a terrible hunter, I have a Cabela’s back pack. Don’t tell the animals I’ve killed that though. 

You do you.  

A question:  how do you see their binos stuffed in a pack?

Xray vision must be your hunting secret!