firstcoueswas80

New pack recommendation?

3 minutes ago, Jcubed said:

You do you.  

A question:  how do you see their binos stuffed in a pack?

Xray vision must be your hunting secret!

In their bino holders on their chest usually. Bud, you’re the one who brought up judging people off their gear, not me. 

All just depends on what you want to do with your pack. My Late Season pack I bought in 2011 and it was right around $500 then. Having a separate external frame is nice but not necessary for what most of us do. I have had meat and quarters in my Late Season on multiple occasions and it works very well.

I try to put my money where my mouth is when I can. I hate that China is ruining us economically. Things like boots, packs, tents, and whatever else I can buy that's made in the USA I do it. I get it though. Can't buy a phone from the USA. Everybody has their own price in mind that is tolerable. For me a Kifaru pack is worth the additional cost to have a pack Made by Americans in Wheat Ridge CO. That might not mean a dang thing to some of you guys and that's fine too.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

In their bino holders on their chest usually. Bud, you’re the one who brought up judging people off their gear, not me. 

Lol.  We were talking packs and I stated an opinion that I, persionally, view it as an important and essential piece of kit.  You came back with the sarcastic binos comment.  

Have a great day.

1 minute ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Geez, I would have guessed you would say their wives. 🤒

I don’t think I’d hunt with a dude who brought his wife. Ain’t nobody got time for that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jcubed said:

Lol.  We were talking packs and I stated an opinion that I, persionally, view it as an important and essential piece of kit.  You came back with the sarcastic binos comment.  

Have a great day.

Idk why you’re getting upset. You said one thing you believe, I said something I believe. You don’t need to get mad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

Idk why you’re getting upset. You said one thing you believe, I said something I believe. You don’t need to get mad. 

Most definitely not mad...hence starting with "lol."

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I don’t think I’d hunt with a dude who brought his wife. Ain’t nobody got time for that. 

I don't know about your wife, but mine and father in law are the ones that got me into hunting.  I strictly bass fished before I met my wife lol.  Never hunted a day in my life.  Dad did, but he lived in Oregon and I grew up with my Mom so never got that experience growing up.  

You all have me torn over this pack thing now.  I have $360 saved for a pack right now.  I can get the Kifaru Duplex Lite Frame (no pack) or the MF Pintler (with frame).  Of course that's when they finally get back in stock.  dang you all, lol.

Just now, phillyphan said:

I don't know about your wife, but mine and father in law are the ones that got me into hunting.  I strictly bass fished before I met my wife lol.  Never hunted a day in my life.  Dad did, but he lived in Oregon and I grew up with my Mom so never got that experience growing up.  

If I had a wife, she would have divorced me long ago. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

When I was guiding in Colorado, I had a woman from Okla. one fall. She was tough as nails and a looker to boot. She outrode every other hunter I ever guided and also knew how to handle a gun and shoot accurately.  She killed a nice 5x5 buck with one shot to the heart at 285 yds. with her M700 .270.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phillyphan said:

You all have me torn over this pack thing now.  I have $360 saved for a pack right now.  I can get the Kifaru Duplex Lite Frame (no pack) or the MF Pintler (with frame).  Of course that's when they finally get back in stock.  dang you all, lol.

Contact Kifaru ask about their veterans discount.  If you can talk to Aaron Snyder do so and tell him what you are considering.

2 minutes ago, Jcubed said:

Contact Kifaru ask about their veterans discount.  If you can talk to Aaron Snyder do so and tell him what you are considering.

Okay thanks for the contact.  I did find out they give a 10% discount to veterans.  

Just now, eddielasvegas said:

Did they have cameras back then and do you have a pic?  Asking for a friend.

Eddie

Yeah, we had cameras way back in the 1970s. Her name was Claudette. I do have a photo of her, but it's a 35 mm slide and my scanner became obsolete with Win10.