Sign in to follow this  
Jacob...soaz

Happy Labor Day

20 minutes ago, Jacob...soaz said:

Have you found any time for doves yet? I'm thinking about crossing i 10 soon .. just wondering if u checked it out yet 

Work has been crazy!! Shot gun in the truck but driving home in the dark. Going towards Tucson tomorrow morning at 5. Hoping for the best. How have you been doing with the dove?

7 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Work has been crazy!! Shot gun in the truck but driving home in the dark. Going towards Tucson tomorrow morning at 5. Hoping for the best. How have you been doing with the dove?

I just went that one day .. it was good .. my neibour went again today i have not talked to him yet.. he went back to 3 pond road.. ill ask.him now

28 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

He said bunch of birds out of range .. he killed a few missed a bunch... he said he hunted the 2nd and 3rd pond ... 2nd pond is dry third pond is where I hunted and it has a bunch of water 

Teamsters Local 104 for UPS for 7 and half years and UFCW Local 99 (and a couple other locals when I worked grocery before UPS).

It's been 30 years since I started at UPS as a part-timer with a baby on the way.  Back then part-timers got health insurance after 30 days on the job.  That part-time job allowed me to support my family while going to school and then I became a full-time driver upon graduation.  Eventually I moved on but that job helped me live the American dream.  I'm very grateful for it.  (I can even start drawing a modest Teamster pension when I turn 55.)

I've had anti-union people complain point out abuses of power in unions and I've conceded there are examples of that.   But when I point out the abuses of power in corporate board rooms or company management, that person usually concedes there are examples of that.  I argue that there are more of the latter than the former.

The decline in union membership and therefore union strength closely matches the shrinking of the middle class. 

There's always someone who will work for 50 cents an hour less than someone else for various reasons.  That puts huge downward pressure on wages.  But it's great for the stock market so if that's your priority, maybe you're happy about it.

As workers, united we bargain, separately we beg.

All tolled, I believe unions have been a positive force in our country.  They certainly have been for me.  And I'm grateful.  Happy Labor Day!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmer Negamanee said:

Teamsters Local 104 for UPS for 7 and half years and UFCW Local 99 (and a couple other locals when I worked grocery before UPS).

It's been 30 years since I started at UPS as a part-timer with a baby on the way.  Back then part-timers got health insurance after 30 days on the job.  That part-time job allowed me to support my family while going to school and then I became a full-time driver upon graduation.  Eventually I moved on but that job helped me live the American dream.  I'm very grateful for it.  (I can even start drawing a modest Teamster pension when I turn 55.)

I've had anti-union people complain point out abuses of power in unions and I've conceded there are examples of that.   But when I point out the abuses of power in corporate board rooms or company management, that person usually concedes there are examples of that.  I argue that there are more of the latter than the former.

The decline in union membership and therefore union strength closely matches the shrinking of the middle class. 

There's always someone who will work for 50 cents an hour less than someone else for various reasons.  That puts huge downward pressure on wages.  But it's great for the stock market so if that's your priority, maybe you're happy about it.

As workers, united we bargain, separately we beg.

All tolled, I believe unions have been a positive force in our country.  They certainly have been for me.  And I'm grateful.  Happy Labor Day!

Well said 

Well let's see. Unions=Democrats. Union Local 99 used to bash Bashas like they did Wal-Mart for not being Union. Then ol Eddie runs for Govenor, and the Union throws there support behind him. The job I had before this one, it was do what your told or hit the highway. The job I have now is Union and the language is Not my job, hey slow down your working to fast. There was a leaflet in one of the trucks from the Union that was printed before the 16 election, it endorsed every Democrat from Hilary on down.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 10Turkeys said:

Well let's see. Unions=Democrats. Union Local 99 used to bash Bashas like they did Wal-Mart for not being Union. Then ol Eddie runs for Govenor, and the Union throws there support behind him. The job I had before this one, it was do what your told or hit the highway. The job I have now is Union and the language is Not my job, hey slow down your working to fast. There was a leaflet in one of the trucks from the Union that was printed before the 16 election, it endorsed every Democrat from Hilary on down.

Ok so .. what I get out of this is unions and there members vote dem and union members are lazy .. so bud yes the union hall does push dem but most the members at least in my trade vote republican... we are still blue collar hard working Americans.. and about unions being lazy every time u have a power outage when u are inside bitching about no power we the union members are out there fixing it .. so please tell me about unions 

5 minutes ago, Jacob...soaz said:

Ok so .. what I get out of this is unions and there members vote dem and union members are lazy .. so bud yes the union hall does push dem but most the members at least in my trade vote republican... we are still blue collar hard working Americans.. and about unions being lazy every time u have a power outage when u are inside bitching about no power we the union members are out there fixing it .. so please tell me about unions 

I can't post what I think?  My views differ from yours, so it's not worthy to post? Your blue is showing.

Just now, 10Turkeys said:

I can't post what I think?  My views differ from yours, so it's not worthy to post? Your blue is showing.

Right on buddy .. as far as I know its a free country and u can say whatever you want 

2 minutes ago, 10Turkeys said:

I'm glad you think differently than me how fun would the world be if everyone thought the same.. i am actually happy u replied to my post.. maybe it can clear some stuff up about unions 

6 minutes ago, Flingingarrowsbro said:

I worked for a Union once. It was awful, listening to my buddies still there, it’s still awful. Bunch of lazy crybabies 

awesome can I ask what one?

3 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

See I could have just left my original first response and we could have got here a lot faster 

Exactly lol but I'm almost in a better mood to talk about it tonight.. trump.2020

• Like 1