Sign in to follow this  
Gr8 White Jr

Mound of sheds!

I finally came across some pictures from a few Christmases ago of my Grandfather's barn full of sheds. My grandfather is the one person I love and admire more than anyone else on this planet. He is one of the last true american cowboys. In 1950, the night he graduated highschool he sattled up his horse and road for the high country to pursue his dream of working the cattle drive. Long story short, he worked his way horse back from Phoenix to Seligman where he aquired a job as a cattleman. He lived his dream life for the next 15 or so years before coming back to phoenix to start a family. Now he is a retired Payson resident and his passion is still to cover miles of country upon horse back so that is what he does. He rides between 3 and 5 days a week and has a new hobby now of collecting sheds. He finds between 400 and 600 lbs of sheds every year which he sells every winter to make room for the upcoming spring of shed hunting. He also finds finds quite a few skulls every year as well. Anyway I thought I would share some of the pictures taken. Keep in mind that the pictures were not taken for the sheds but of my Grandfather and I on Christmas day so sorry there are some left out. You can still see most of them in the back ground. Also keep in mind that this is only one year of findings right before he sells them.

post-1275-1215196562.jpg

post-1275-1215196599.jpg

post-1275-1215196618.jpg

post-1275-1215196628.jpg

I tell you what, that is one cool dude right there. I buy all those sheds from Hank and I love listening to all the cowboy stories he's told me. I'm proud to know him too, seriously.

What a coincidence, ol Hank called me today wondering when I'm coming thru. He wants to sell some more bone. Guess I'll have to mosey over there and do so one of these days soon. That's a good dude right there..........

That is cool stuff! You are mighty lucky to have a grandpa like that to learn from and love. Take care of your memories and go see him as much as you can. ;)

PH

Thats a lovely necklace you have... Does you girlfriend know you stole it from her? :lol:

Your grandpa is awesome though. Im proud to know him.

Could stay all day listening to his stories!!!

Thats a lovely necklace you have... Does you girlfriend know you stole it from her? :lol:

Your grandpa is awesome though. Im proud to know him.

Could stay all day listening to his stories!!!

Actually that is your girlfriend's necklace...accidently put it on that morning when we got dressed. It was dark and our cloths were all mixed up all over my bedroom floor.

Oops, did I say too much? :ph34r:

:P :lol: :D

I've talked with your grandpa a time or two. He has came in the shop a few times and talks about his roundups and stuff. Very interesting man, reminds me of my grandfather. Did he ever get his lighting protection up?

I've talked with your grandpa a time or two. He has came in the shop a few times and talks about his roundups and stuff. Very interesting man, reminds me of my grandfather. Did he ever get his lighting protection up?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's all squared away with that. You never know though, he always has some kind of project going on.

-Tracy