Sign in to follow this  
azbirdhunter88

Kansas 2020

So this morning while getting ready I saw this. I took the arrow out to replace with a new one and realized it sunk all the way in that deer last night. How did it back out so far? I was in a hurry to get him out of that river before it got dark so didn’t really pay much attention. 

F727A053-D577-46B0-AFDC-8195677725E8.jpeg

4D554362-5C3C-468D-9D2B-9000DB928131.jpeg

• Like 1

That's a fantastic buck! I love those polished knobs around his bases. Crazy he licked the tree you were in and still had no idea you were there. 

34 minutes ago, high rise hunter said:

That's a fantastic buck! I love those polished knobs around his bases. Crazy he licked the tree you were in and still had no idea you were there. 

That Conquest Scents stuff is the real deal. It was their rutting buck so he was very curious. 

1 hour ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

That Conquest Scents stuff is the real deal. It was their rutting buck so he was very curious. 

I'm definitely going to add it to my midwest whitetail pack. I'll take every edge I can get.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, high rise hunter said:

I'm definitely going to add it to my midwest whitetail pack. I'll take every edge I can get.

Like I said first year I’ve used it. It comes in a stick like deodorant. I put it on my boots as I walk in and all over the tree I’m in. I found a scrape with a branch above and man they would stop and just go to town on it. 

6 minutes ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Like I said first year I’ve used it. It comes in a stick like deodorant. I put it on my boots as I walk in and all over the tree I’m in. I found a scrape with a branch above and man they would stop and just go to town on it. 

I see they also have an aerosol version but I think the deodorant stick may the better route. Seems to me it might "wear out" once applied at a slower pace than the spray.

3 minutes ago, high rise hunter said:

I see they also have an aerosol version but I think the deodorant stick may the better route. Seems to me it might "wear out" once applied at a slower pace than the spray.

Every couple hours I scrape a little more on. 

• Like 1

What a Stud Buck. Headed to Kentucky in the morning for 10 days. Hope i end up with something in that class. Congrat's. Updated with my Kentucky Buck.IMG_2047.thumb.JPG.76810d1af5c0330eb6bd219e6a018810.JPG

IMG_2056.PNG

9 hours ago, Will K said:

What a Stud Buck. Headed to Kentucky in the morning for 10 days. Hope i end up with something in that class. Congrat's.

Good luck man. Get a big one. 

It was blowing wind bad when we got up this morning so decided to drive some properties and just look at new deer that have moved in during this rut. Nothing special on a few until we hit one of our cut corn fields with CRP grass along the edges. I was glassing a few hundred yards off and seen a deer with head down moving like a vacuum. Thought it was a doe feeding until his head came up and told wife get your chit ready cause you need to kill this deer. We walked along the tall CRP grass until we were 100 yards from him. We waited and he kept feeding towards us getting closer and closer getting 40 yards away. I asked if she was on him and she said yes but he then kept coming our way just sniffing the ground hard. Finally the buck stopped at 8 yards and when I looked over at her all I heard was a swack and that buck took off. Went 30 yards and stood there looking at us for a few seconds then tipped over deader than dead. She tucked it right behind his shoulder and got a perfect heart shot. More pics to come as it’s freezing here and we were trying to hurry. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Wow! 2

On 11/10/2020 at 8:59 PM, CatfishKev said:

Interesting,  seeing tons of dead deer heading back east they always seem to have kind of an orange hide.  But looking at your pics you could have convinced me that you killed a monster coues.  Is That color normal?

Oh, and btw, congrats! 

Ok we got you an orange one just cause you were curious. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Ok we got you an orange one just cause you were curious. 

Are you not posting a picture because it’s bigger than your??