Jump to content
UggRedBilly

My WILD 12AW Late Hunt Trip

Recommended Posts

awesome buck and story! congrats. Glad your ok and hopefully everyone else was, even the at fault driver. life lesson for him. A simple accident turned into a felony in a split second. he will regret that one.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome buck and great story!!  Sounds like you learned a lot and were successful on top of it.  Couldn’t ask for more!!  Thanks for the write up!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, bhuntin said:

awesome buck and story! congrats. Glad your ok and hopefully everyone else was, even the at fault driver. life lesson for him. A simple accident turned into a felony in a split second. he will regret that one.

 

Everyone was fine thankfully. Just a little dinged up a trip to the chiropractor or two will fix my back up! We will be going to court to explain what happened on our end soon! I felt bad for them because they were younger than me by far and I'm only 19. They havent even gotten their lives started

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stud buck young man! You could spend a lifetime trying to top that one.....but by all means, keep trying!! Congratulations 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, plang00 said:

Stud buck young man! You could spend a lifetime trying to top that one.....but by all means, keep trying!! Congratulations 

Thank you sir! I am going to start applying in other states this year to attempt to make a new PB at another point in my life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE 4-20-21

     2020 fall deer aging came out today and with my deers harvest for this year we expected him to be 5-6. To our suprise he was a whopping 8 years old! Freaking insane. Explains why his teeth were just falling out. Literally! But here is another pic of him I just got back! Hopefully soon I'll get my taxidermy back. I think itll come around September-December! Which is coming super quick! Super excited!

 

IMG_20210420_203849_722.jpg

IMG_20210420_203849_807.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where do you find the list at ? is it online? thanks .............BOB!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, naturebob said:

Where do you find the list at ? is it online? thanks .............BOB!

Bob, you need to have teeth left for them to age you.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, naturebob said:

Where do you find the list at ? is it online? thanks .............BOB!

Go to AZGFD's website. Click big game draw. Scroll down past all the regs and you'll see a green link that says "hunt az: survey, harvest and hunt data for big game and small game". Click that link and scroll down to "age harvest centium" itll have most the 2020 species there!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UggRedBilly said:

Go to AZGFD's website. Click big game draw. Scroll down past all the regs and you'll see a green link that says "hunt az: survey, harvest and hunt data for big game and small game". Click that link and scroll down to "age harvest centium" itll have most the 2020 species there!

How was the aging done? Did you voluntarily send anything in or was it part of the Strip check-in process?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bigorange said:

How was the aging done? Did you voluntarily send anything in or was it part of the Strip check-in process?

There was a mandatory checkout on the N. Kaibab where they do the sampling. I believe that's still in effect.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, trophyseeker said:

There is a mandatory checkout on the N. Kaibab where they do the sampling. 

Thanks. I couldn’t remember if age sampling was part of that or not...been a few years. I need to look back and see if info on my buck is listed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigorange said:

How was the aging done? Did you voluntarily send anything in or was it part of the Strip check-in process?

For the kaibab you are required to do that after a harvest. But for other units I think you can ask them before your hunt and they'll give you an envelope and all that to out the teeth in. They had me do it for my 2020 elk tag too. But unfortunately I had no harvest. 

Also some companies will allow you to buy a kit and you send it in to age it. Soon cost at low as 20$ and I seen as high as 90$ takes awhile for results to come out though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigorange said:

Thanks. I couldn’t remember if age sampling was part of that or not...been a few years. I need to look back and see if info on my buck is listed...

What year? Maybe I can send a link for ya!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×