ConnorMorrison

Arizona Unit 5B N&S Nov 27-Dec5 2020

Hi everyone,

I was lucky enough to get drawn for a bull elk tag this year and am currently in the middle of it.  I spent the first few days of the hunt down south in Happy Jack but moved North to escape all the people and find some bull but not having any luck. Been around anderson mesa but i have no idea where to hunt these canyons. Hunt is only three more days so if there’s anyone that would what to share some information and point me into the right direction i would really appreciate it. 

Edited by ConnorMorrison
Adding more information.

Hopefully you were successful! Wife had a cow hunt there in October so I researched and scouted with the little time I had available. From my experience and from what I found online, there are historically larger bull taken out of the north side, but a larger elk population on the south. The south was very crowded so we opted to hunt the north side and we were successful the third day of her cow hunt. Saw 3 bulls in the small area we hunted (found water with fresh sign and a lot of the unit was dry), two of the bulls were decent, low 300s. Late hunt it am tough since they aren’t bugling!

8 hours ago, ConnorMorrison said:

Thanks to the amazing people that reached out to me, i was able to kill my first bull this morning! He is a young 6x5 and i couldn’t be more appreciative to have gotten him. Thanks everyone! 

0B37889B-0892-4620-BC66-62F5746FE569.jpeg

Congratulations! Now that you have a taste of how awesome this hunting community is, stick around and find a way to contribute. This is what it's all about. Congrats again 👍

Your first bull is a hunt youll never forget.

Nice bull ! Always nice to fill your tag and the freezer!

Time for backstraps on the grill!!!

Looks like hes laying on a rd?