Sign in to follow this  
COOSEFAN

North of the River Muley's

thanks jim and parothead!!!! jim we will be patiently waiting for some updates on some giant bulls!! keep us posted!! eric

primetime, that's quite the display of bucks ya got there

and

ehunt, those desert mulies are amazing!!!

thanks for sharing guys

here's the one mulie I got out of 18A

l_2e302f84e5cffee320a49543f291dce5.jpg

and

thanks for sharing guys

thats a great looking buck!!!! :)

and

thanks for sharing guys

thats a great looking buck!!!! :)

Thank you.. I loved the uniqueness of it's rack so I couldn't pass it up..

Hey all, I had to bring this thread back up, I've got 19 days before my hunt and i'm losing more and more sleep with each passing day! I've got one coues hunt starting next week and as soon as the backing is peeled off that tag, I'll be headin' north.........so I can start doing my "Snow Dance"! :( Anybody know if the indians have a "snow" version of their "Rain Dance"? I might need them to start doing it :(

Anyways, here's another addition to the Muley pics. I got to help my buddy Travis on a muley hunt last week. It's a tough, mid-state unit with lots of hunters for both deer and elk at the same time. Travis and my bro n' law had gotten this buck on trailcam in the velvet and we all had hopes he was still in the area. On the evening of the 3rd day I was lucky enough to be looking in the right spot as this buck's rack came into veiw at about 3/4 mile away. He and two smaller bucks had been hunkered down in a small cut but made the mistake of coming out 45 min. before dark to feed. Jimmy (bro n' law) and Travis hauled over 2 ridges to finally get within 220 yards and Travis hammered his largest muley to date! The buck was aged to be around 9 1/2 yrs old by G&F and had awesome character and mass, his body was huge and dwarfed the other bucks by quite a bit! Great practice for my hunt for sure, i can't freakin' wait! JIM>

TravisBuck1.jpg

TravisBuck3.jpg

TravisBuck2.jpg

Here's another cool buck, this one is actually from "North of the River"! My buddy Craig's wife "Corky" drew the early tag and did a great job holding out! She passed up a bunch of smaller bucks in hopes of getting a chance at a nice one....and it looks like she accomplished her goal! She used my trusty ol' .270 and while out practicing she did great with it and we knew she'd get the job done if a shot presented itself and she made a one shot kill! Great job and congrats to Corky on a great buck.......check out those eyeguards!!!

1103080849a.jpg

1103080846.jpg

primetime, those are some giant bucks...thanks for posting!!

Thanks, ehunt besides coues hunting that has to be one of the best times and places to hunt. It looks like a banner year up there for you guys that have tags. Been some giant deer seen this summer. Good Luck!!!

That statement just got my blood pumpin'! Thanks for all the pic's guys, you all have some whoppers for sure! Eric, those desert mulies are a breed of their own and arent' as easy to come by, fantastic job on that collection!!!

I'm leaving again for quite a while, so hopefully there's a bunch more pics on here when I return! It's been really nice to get my "Muley fix" here instead of going over to the other site! Thanks all for the great pics! JIM>

Jim, I'm sure it has to do with scouting or hunting and hurry back with some good stories and some pics for us all. :)

TJ

I'm sure I will.....I just hope that this time everyone gives me a chance to pack up my camp and take a shower once i get home! :P All you guys here can be like a pack of wolves....but I'm proud to know ya! ;)

I'm home! I know quite a few of ya have already seen pics and the rest of ya will have to wait until I can get my computer fixed (by this afternoon) before I can get pics posted......sorry! I will say that scouting a week prior and using trail cams is the biggest reason I was successful, very tough hunt for the big ones, but I had the hunt I've always dreamed about while only carrying the rifle for the first day and an hour of the second! Story and pics to follow.......

primetime, those are some giant bucks...thanks for posting!!

Thanks, ehunt besides coues hunting that has to be one of the best times and places to hunt. It looks like a banner year up there for you guys that have tags. Been some giant deer seen this summer. Good Luck!!!

That statement just got my blood pumpin'! Thanks for all the pic's guys, you all have some whoppers for sure! Eric, those desert mulies are a breed of their own and arent' as easy to come by, fantastic job on that collection!!!

I'm leaving again for quite a while, so hopefully there's a bunch more pics on here when I return! It's been really nice to get my "Muley fix" here instead of going over to the other site! Thanks all for the great pics! JIM>

Jim, I'm sure it has to do with scouting or hunting and hurry back with some good stories and some pics for us all. :)

TJ

I'm sure I will.....I just hope that this time everyone gives me a chance to pack up my camp and take a shower once i get home! :P All you guys here can be like a pack of wolves....but I'm proud to know ya! ;)

I'm home! I know quite a few of ya have already seen pics and the rest of ya will have to wait until I can get my computer fixed (by this afternoon) before I can get pics posted......sorry! I will say that scouting a week prior and using trail cams is the biggest reason I was successful, very tough hunt for the big ones, but I had the hunt I've always dreamed about while only carrying the rifle for the first day and an hour of the second! Story and pics to follow.......

Computer is broke?? :rolleyes: Come on Jim, you can do better than that :( After all, you found a computer somewhere to post this!!! Use that one to upload pics man!!!

Congrats on a super nice buck by the way. I love them tall and narrow like that. How long were his 4's???

Your killing me here!!! We have all been waiting for this since we found out you drew a tag. I'm starting to think you might be enjoying this and are doing this on purpose. :angry: :P :lol:

-Tracy

Your killing me here!!! We have all been waiting for this since we found out you drew a tag. I'm starting to think you might be enjoying this and are doing this on purpose. :angry: :P :lol:

-Tracy

He does it on purpose just think of all the hunts this year already he has put off posting! He does this to torcher everybody :ph34r: