Jump to content
Outdoor Writer

FYI --New Log-In For AGFD Portal

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Couestracker said:

What happened to their programming update where they'd loose your email address, or change things to not send you one like they've always done?

I received my email confirmations as always.  

picture?folder=default0%2FSave&id=80&uid=logo.png

Receipt

picture?folder=default0%2FSave&id=80&uid=spacer

Date: 26-01-2021
Order Number: DRAWAPP-9ef54ec2-31a1-4b82-93ca-e4ab18354085


Thank you for contributing to wildlife conservation in Arizona! Good luck this season! Below is your Big Game Draw receipt for your records.You have successfully applied for 2021 M Pronghorn Big Game Draw hunts: Hunt 1: Bonus Point, Hunt 2: None, Hunt 3: None, Hunt 4: None, Hunt 5: None


Billing Information

ANTHONY MANDILE
xxxx W WINDSOR BLVD
GLENDALE
AZ
US
85301

xxxx@cox.net
623xxxxxxxx

   

Order Items
Resident Applicants x 1 $13.00
Non-Resident Applicants x 0 $15.00
PointGuard x 0 $5.00
Wildlife Views Magazine x 0 $8.50
Donation Total x 0 $0.00

Payment Details  
Visa picture?folder=default0%2FSave&id=80&uid=spacer
xxxxxxxxxxxx2572 picture?folder=default0%2FSave&id=80&uid=spacer
picture?folder=default0%2FSave&id=80&uid=spacer
Order Total
Total amount $13.00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put my friend and myself in for elk the other night, and me for antelope too. Sitting here this morning having my coffee, all of a sudden it occurred to me that I didn't remember getting a confirmation email from AGFD. So I checked my email account,.sure enough, no confirmation. Panic set in! Did I really "put in"?

So I checked my bank account and saw the application fees were charged appropriately.

What happened to their programming update where they'd loose your email address, or change things to not send you one like they've always done?

Just hope they use my 20 bonus points when it all happens and give me tags!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't ask me why my last post repeated. 🤔

So, after getting my second cup of coffee, I logged into my account to check my applications. Below is my screenshot. I obviously will be calling them Monday!! 😡

Screenshot_20210131-103822.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least you can access your portal. 
my sons went through easily but not mine nor my daughters 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an FYI but you do not have to update your portal account in order to apply for elk or antelope.  I think this is a common misconception.  A portal account is not even required but encouraged by game and fish.  You can still get your all your information by calling the G&F 602-942-3000 number.  The only benefit that I was aware of for having a portal account was getting the draw results a little faster.  Now, you at least know if you were drawn by having a charge on your credit card so the not having a portal account point is kind of moot.  I believe this new portal update is going to allow for a less cumbersome and redundant application process that we currently have.

The Nevada system we had 12-15 years ago was so much better than anything G&F has been able to come up with since.  I truly believe the IT staff don't even understand how hunting and the application process even works in AZ.  I think it would be safe to say that none of them are hunters.  I am usually not very critical of the workings of AZGFD and for the most part they tend to be leaders in game management.  But when it comes to the application process I am not aware of any state worse than AZ.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, knothead said:

Just an FYI but you do not have to update your portal account in order to apply for elk or antelope.  I think this is a common misconception.  A portal account is not even required but encouraged by game and fish.  You can still get your all your information by calling the G&F 602-942-3000 number.  The only benefit that I was aware of for having a portal account was getting the draw results a little faster.  Now, you at least know if you were drawn by having a charge on your credit card so the not having a portal account point is kind of moot.  I believe this new portal update is going to allow for a less cumbersome and redundant application process that we currently have.

The Nevada system we had 12-15 years ago was so much better than anything G&F has been able to come up with since.  I truly believe the IT staff don't even understand how hunting and the application process even works in AZ.  I think it would be safe to say that none of them are hunters.  I am usually not very critical of the workings of AZGFD and for the most part they tend to be leaders in game management.  But when it comes to the application process I am not aware of any state worse than AZ.

You log into your portal account to apply. That's the only way.

I obviously can access my account, but it's distressing that they don't have my hunting licence on file, and especially don't have a record of me applying after having paid for the service. 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bonecollector said:

3E54390B-611F-4C9C-8A04-CF345EDE6861.png

Thank you

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Couestracker said:

Don't ask me why my last post repeated. 🤔

So, after getting my second cup of coffee, I logged into my account to check my applications. Below is my screenshot. I obviously will be calling them Monday!! 😡

Screenshot_20210131-103822.png

Are you accessing your portal acct with NEW user name/ID# & password or your old stuff? Or perhaps you applied with your OLD info, which might not show up under the portal with the new data. My most recemt apps do not show yet either, but I did get the email confirmations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Are you accessing your portal acct with NEW user name/ID# & password or your old stuff? Or perhaps you applied with your OLD info, which might not show up under the portal with the new data. My most recemt apps do not show yet either, but I did get the email confirmations. 

There's only 1 portal, login is email and password, same password as before, unless changed when new system rolled out. All my bonus points are there, and when I applied, my data auto-populated. This as it should be.

It used to be login with your sportsmans ID and password. The sportsmans ID is gone, they assigned a new number, but as far as I can tell, we dont use that number for applying, or anything else.

As Bonecollector pointed out, I think it just hasn't updated yet. Probably be there tomorrow and hopefully get the confirmation email tomorrow too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Couestracker said:

There's only 1 portal, login is email and password, same password as before, unless changed when new system rolled out. All my bonus points are there, and when I applied, my data auto-populated. This as it should be.

It used to be login with your sportsmans ID and password. The sportsmans ID is gone, they assigned a new number, but as far as I can tell, we dont use that number for applying, or anything else.

As Bonecollector pointed out, I think it just hasn't updated yet. Probably be there tomorrow and hopefully get the confirmation email tomorrow too.

My portal login is the NEW name & PW the new system put in place when AGFD sent out the email about the change being made. But it sounds like you're all set now. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

My portal login is the NEW name & PW the new system put in place when AGFD sent out the email about the change being made. But it sounds like you're all set now. 👍

Yes, when the email came out, they assigned a username and temporary password. I logged in and opted for my email as my username, set my password to what it was before. 

Again, there's only 1 portal to access.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2021 at 11:30 AM, Couestracker said:

You log into your portal account to apply. That's the only way.

I obviously can access my account, but it's distressing that they don't have my hunting licence on file, and especially don't have a record of me applying after having paid for the service. 😞

You definitely do NOT need a portal to apply. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×