Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

Loaded for bear.........or......T-Rex

The guy I got it from back in early 2011 or 12  I did some machine work for in trade. he had another stock off another number one he bought only for the wood. it makes this one look like balsa wood with some stain on it  ;)  I grabbed this one for mainly the wood and it being a #1 then a 416 rigby to boot it was a win win for me.

I have another #1 in 280 Remington that has a stock close to this but not as nice. my others are pretty nice(above average wood) but dont compare to this by a long shot.

• Like 1

I purchased this 1884 Springfield off one of our CWT members last year. It's the full length infantry model, a decent cavalry carbine was probably out of my reach.

The rifle had some sort of bore.issue going on a few inches from the muzzle and probably wouldn't shoot too accurately. So rather than hang it on the wall, I got the nerve up to sportarize it by cutting the barrel and forearm down to carbine size. A buddy crowned it for me and replaced the front sight. Filled in the bayonet slot, sanded and matched the wood stain. Can't wait to make a saddle bucket for it.

Not trying to fool anyone but it came out nice, hope to use it deer season.

Took it out and shot it last week and it was just what I wanted. An order is in for a reproduction Buffington rear sight and I'll make a saddle ring and done.

940294832_IMG_0185.JPG.f88ed8588a9fcdbbff7c05975f0940c5(1).thumb.jpeg.ca883b3b65b9a0dcf51d25a29d1034fd.jpeg0109211835.thumb.jpg.930631f7f50f2d584b65191834712260.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1