Sign in to follow this  
JHAM357

December archery in AZ

I was just looking through the regs and notice unit 22 and 23 are not open in Dec. they are open aug.-sep. and in jan. that kind of sucks. i dont have last years regs but im pretty sure it's never said the same as this year. anyone else notice that?

Yup, thanks to all the city folk diving up the hill and slingin' arrows! <_< The local boys don't need the competion. ;) So go find a new unit to hunt..... no more deer in those units anyhow..... :unsure:

Yup, thanks to all the city folk diving up the hill and slingin' arrows! <_< The local boys don't need the competion. ;) So go find a new unit to hunt..... no more deer in those units anyhow..... :unsure:

Who cares if they dont need the competition... Its an open unit, go hunt it! Time spent any where in the field is time spent better than not being in the field!

Go hunt!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whats wrong with a little "city folk" competion? :huh:

I would rather bring home a nice city folk pay check and enjoy the outdoors. ;)

He sure has it good up there! City folk paychecks x2 and lives in the outdoors :angry:

I think he was just pulling our legs a little with his post ;) I think :unsure:

Ya know Gino if you give me just one of your houses and half your money I could move back up there and not

be butt hurt about being city folk now!

This is because Archers harvested 20 % of what gun hunters harvested and this is what will happen in every unit inthe state if archers harvest 20% of what gun hun ters harvest so for example, lets just use 22 as a example if gun hunters harvested 100 deer and archers harvested 21 then the unit will go to a draw. here are the facts from the azgfd in unit 22 archers harvested 44 deer, 11 were in january, 7 in august, 7 in september and 19 in december. gun hunters harvested 99that we know of . keep in mind it manditory for archers to report thier harvest. In unit 23 archers harvested 65 deer , 16 in january, 15 in august, 19 in september and 15 in december. Gun hunters harvested 121 deer that we know of , again keep in mind its manditory for archers to report thier harvest, also keep in mind 39,517 gun permits were issued in 2007 and only 19,108 survays were returned by gun hunters.

For the year 2007 archers reported harvesting 741 deer and out of the 19108 returned survay cards gun hunters reported harvesting 10,835 BUT ALSO KEEP IN MIND 20,409 SURVAY CARDS WERE NOT RETURNED BY GUN HUNTERS SO WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY DEER WERE HARVESTED BY THE GUN HUNTERS. Sorry had the caps button on. I don't think it is fare that archers loose a archery season based on manditory reportation of their kills, when you have no manditory reportation of gun harvest. I think we need to fight this at the comision meetings. Nanditory reportation of all kills not just for archers.

This is because Archers harvested 20 % of what gun hunters harvested and this is what will happen in every unit inthe state if archers harvest 20% of what gun hun ters harvest so for example, lets just use 22 as a example if gun hunters harvested 100 deer and archers harvested 21 then the unit will go to a draw. here are the facts from the azgfd in unit 22 archers harvested 44 deer, 11 were in january, 7 in august, 7 in september and 19 in december. gun hunters harvested 99that we know of . keep in mind it manditory for archers to report thier harvest. In unit 23 archers harvested 65 deer , 16 in january, 15 in august, 19 in september and 15 in december. Gun hunters harvested 121 deer that we know of , again keep in mind its manditory for archers to report thier harvest, also keep in mind 39,517 gun permits were issued in 2007 and only 19,108 survays were returned by gun hunters.

For the year 2007 archers reported harvesting 741 deer and out of the 19108 returned survay cards gun hunters reported harvesting 10,835 BUT ALSO KEEP IN MIND 20,409 SURVAY CARDS WERE NOT RETURNED BY GUN HUNTERS SO WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY DEER WERE HARVESTED BY THE GUN HUNTERS. Sorry had the caps button on. I don't think it is fare that archers loose a archery season based on manditory reportation of their kills, when you have no manditory reportation of gun harvest. I think we need to fight this at the comision meetings. Nanditory reportation of all kills not just for archers.

Yes this disrimination- We need the ACLU to bail us out of unfair practices by the AGFD!!!!

On a positive note I will be one of the 25 folks out there this December! :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, but only real men can live it.... and stick it! :lol: :lol: :lol: I've lived in the mountains of central AZ my whole life.... Don't think the city livin' ain't tempted me once or twice with the promise of a little more cash..... but I know lots of home town folks like me.... and I know they just hate sharing with outsiders. Nuthin' personal... not tryin' to start a barn-burner.... just statin' the obvious, that's all.

Ward's..... You state a very true fact.... or actually lots of facts. Too bad they don't see it that way....

Yes this disrimination- We need the ACLU to bail us out of unfair practices by the AGFD!!!!

On a positive note I will be one of the 25 folks out there this December! :P

Yes we need to stand together and fight this. It should be mandatory for all hunters!

Ward's,

You are correct in that the archery harvest is mandatory and the rifle is not. However, management decisions are not currently based on the mandatory reporting but on the questionare data so that the data is comparable. I believe the department is still doing this since some people feel that the "mandatory reporting" is not mandatory.

Packer

I was told that the data I received Was based on the manditory reporting of archery hunters and servay cards received from gun hunters. I asked for the exact numbers from the manditory reportation of archers. I will check on this on monday to be sure but either way if the azgfd wants to manage animals better then all hunters should have to report kills, this seems better then guessing on how many animals are harvested.