Sign in to follow this  
plang00

AZGFD please get a better IT Team

It turns out I have two accounts but cant get back into one of them, which is the one that shows all my points. The one I can access has no points in it and I have tried to get them to merge the two and it worked for about a week now everything is back to normal. If I call in and use my sportsman Id all my points are listed so after the draw Im going to try one more time, if it dont work then I cant use my portal when applying for hunts. And you guys think you have problems.

I put in multiple apps a couple of days ago. Just went back in and looked and there is no record of having applied. I kept receipts but their system is an absolute joke. I am going to give it a couple of more days before calling.  Maybe they will miraculously appear.

3 hours ago, creed said:

I put in multiple apps a couple of days ago. Just went back in and looked and there is no record of having applied. I kept receipts but their system is an absolute joke. I am going to give it a couple of more days before calling.  Maybe they will miraculously appear.

Probably because there has not been a draw yet, so it is not showing that you have applied and gotten results.  

Mine does this every year.  Same with this year.  I have the receipts with a confirmation # for each app I applied for this year.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

What is the portal even for? I don’t mess with it. 

Just to keep track of your apps, draw results and hunts, bonus points, etc.  Easier than calling every time you want to find out.  Plus, you usually see results sooner than calling in.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

Just to keep track of your apps, draw results and hunts, bonus points, etc.  Easier than calling every time you want to find out.  Plus, you usually see results sooner than calling in.  

Bingo! I've had a portal acct. for a long time. Having my info stored and the Dashboard feature is quite nice. Took me about 8 mins. with minimal typing & clicks to apply and pay for an antelope BP a while ago. 

• Like 1

I apply for multiple states and I can't think of a system worse than ours.  It's just plain crappy.  When I log in for my 12 year old(with his birthday), why doesn't the system recognize that he probably doesn't have (a) any children, and (b) any outstanding child support.   I hope I would know if he did!  Drop the Social Security question for every application for minors.  Combine apps(add to cart) so don't have to enter resident status, type, and length several times, along with running the credit card 8 different times for my family of 4.  

Please go back to the contractor that handles Nevada.

2 minutes ago, WhtMtnHunter said:

I apply for multiple states and I can't think of a system worse than ours.  It's just plain crappy.  When I log in for my 12 year old(with his birthday), why doesn't the system recognize that he probably doesn't have (a) any children, and (b) any outstanding child support.   I hope I would know if he did!  Drop the Social Security question for every application for minors.  Combine apps(add to cart) so don't have to enter resident status, type, and length several times, along with running the credit card 8 different times for my family of 4.  

Please go back to the contractor that handles Nevada.

I agree that there should be some sort of "shopping cart" set up for multile apps so only one charge is necessary at checkout. 

13 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

What is the portal even for? I don’t mess with it. 

How do you buy a license? As far I knew the portal was now a necessity in order to purchase a license? Unless you go out and do it at a store which seems pretty inconvenient.

16 minutes ago, azhntr18 said:

How do you buy a license? As far I knew the portal was now a necessity in order to purchase a license? Unless you go out and do it at a store which seems pretty inconvenient.

I go to azgfd or Walmart. Can you buy archery deer and such online? 

No, you can not buy tags online as of now.  I heard that Az might venture into digital tags.  It's nice to buy your license online so that it automatically populates your license info on your apps.    The portal system I have 0 problems with but do agree it could be streamlined significantly. 

Sidenote*  Anyone else remember the days of calling 602-942-3000 over and over and over trying to get thru to see if you were drawn.  I can remember as a kid dialing and dialing and dialing.   

• Like 2