Infrared ???

56 minutes ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

Its all in good fun Del.

I still like you.

In a lets watch that train wreck kind of way....lol

dang your on a roll today

15 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Where do you come with theses absurd & inane "facts?"

I suppose next you'll tell us you know six guides who have been arrested for illegally taking game with items they wrote off. 

GFY fiction writer

I never gave facts. never intended to give facts.

the tax stuff could be a way to enforce it (and game cameras), They do it all the time with business's , drug bust and people the gov. wants to prosecute.

1 hour ago, stanley said:

Ya, it is also quite common for outfitters (and 'average Joe's') to go out spotlighting the night before a hunt, for the same purpose.  I don't even think that is illegal as long as you don't have a weapon with you, and maybe even with a weapon as long as you don't use it.   I

nfrared or spotlight, either way, it seems sort of stinky to me....

Inferred and thermo is actually pretty cool, I wouldnt use it on big game but would love to use it for yotes at night.

spotlighting was frowned upon due to poachers using it. your allowed to use it for hunting coons and yotes at night providing its not plugged into a motor vehicle ie boat, truck etc etc.

its kinda fun to drive around at night to see whats out there with a spotlight. we used to do it all the time with the kids. its no different then driving roads at night with your head lights on looking for game.

13 minutes ago, Delw said:

GFY fiction writer

I never gave facts. never intended to give facts.

the tax stuff could be a way to enforce it (and game cameras), They do it all the time with business's , drug bust and people the gov. wants to prosecute.

Right. So all these guides who had bought & wrote off the trail cameras will be subject to arrest if the cameras are banned in the future without ANY PROOF they were actually used in the field to take game.  As I said earlier, absurd & inane. You throw crap abainst the wall and hope some of it sticks. 

And yes, taxes are sometimes used to arrest & prosecute but not in the way you suggest. Tax evasion is a well-used charge in that regards. 

Don't give up your day job to practice law. 

12 minutes ago, Delw said:

Inferred and thermo is actually pretty cool, I wouldnt use it on big game but would love to use it for yotes at night.

spotlighting was frowned upon due to poachers using it. your allowed to use it for hunting coons and yotes at night providing its not plugged into a motor vehicle ie boat, truck etc etc.

its kinda fun to drive around at night to see whats out there with a spotlight. we used to do it all the time with the kids. its no different then driving roads at night with your head lights on looking for game.

I would love to use infrared to shoot yotes at night. Saw some pretty cool videos on YouTube.   Saw another of a guy using a 50 cal on them, this was hogs though,  a couple exploded.

Also i did not know you could even hunt yotes at night so thats cool...

15 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Right. So all these guides who had bought & wrote off the trail cameras will be subject to arrest if the cameras are banned in the future without ANY PROOF they were actually used in the field to take game.  As I said earlier, absurd & inane. You throw crap abainst the wall and hope some of it sticks. 

And yes, taxes are sometimes used to arrest & prosecute but not in the way you suggest. Tax evasion is a well-used charge in that regards. 

Don't give up your day job to practice law. 

Dude go join a book club or something, maybe go dig up your old college lit professor and have a 1 on one conversation.

12 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

I would love to use infrared to shoot yotes at night. Saw some pretty cool videos on YouTube.   Saw another of a guy using a 50 cal on them, this was hogs though,  a couple exploded.

You should probably read the regs first 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Kevin

they are cool looked through a few. only feild time I have is in texas on a ram hunt a few of us went out with one just to check it out. It was early 2000's so not the technology as today. few years ago cabelas had some cheap ones along with some expensive ones.

night yote hunting is a blast but at the same time erie. friend got me into using red lights, I bought a cheap one. it was ok, his good one was awsum. thats a next item on my list is a good red light for nighttime yotes.

edit cause of above post.

Yeah you can only use handheld lights not inferred or thermo in this state for yotes.

1 minute ago, Delw said:

Kevin

they are cool looked through a few. only feild time I have is in texas on a ram hunt a few of us went out with one just to check it out. It was early 2000's so not the technology as today. few years ago cabelas had some cheap ones along with some expensive ones.

night yote hunting is a blast but at the same time erie. friend got me into using red lights, I bought a cheap one. it was ok, his good one was awsum. thats a next item on my list is a good red light for nighttime yotes.

Why red? So it dont spook them?

I own both infrared and thermal handheld devices. They are not legal for hunting in Az but they are legal for owning and using for other things.

I have them because of my work.

I have used them when we go for drives with the kids while out camping and on our property. You can hook them up to a tablet screen so everyone can see what is going on. It's really cool to see the animal's behavior at night when they think nobody can see them.

I have never even THOUGHT about using them for scouting but not surprised the guides have. I am certian there are levels of cheating or using tools we normal people have never even TRIED to think of.....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

For coyotes at night I use both red and green lights. Red for scanning and green for lighting them up.

I never knew the green light them up better.

Which brand models of lights do you have do you have?

Last year I borrowed a matco brand flashlight put some red transparent shim stock over it and it worked better than my cheap red light and smaller too.

53 minutes ago, Delw said:

I never knew the green light them up better.

Which brand models of lights do you have do you have?

Last year I borrowed a matco brand flashlight put some red transparent shim stock over it and it worked better than my cheap red light and smaller too.

I like the green because it is "brighter" than the red without blowing out my night vision like a bright white light will do. It also gives good contrast for my illuminated reticles.

I have a red handheld wildlife technologies xlr250 and a xlr 100.  I use the handheld for scanning. Much easier than scanning with gun mounted.

Red is much easier on the eyes and makes their eyes pop just fine. even the 100 is quite sufficient for eyes but the250 is obviously MUCH brighter.

My green light is a DIY gun mounted with remote switch. I just bought a cheap super bright LED off amazon and swapped out the white led for a green led. Works great. I have no doubt this could be done for a red light as well. Much better and brighter than a red/green filter.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 12:07 PM, CatfishKev said:

Ya you used to be able to hunt cats at night too.

• Like 1