Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

223 fmj question

8 hours ago, Edge said:

They are. How and where they're hunted is regulated by the AZGFD

No, they are not classified as "big game".

"Predators and fur bearing mammals".

Screenshot_20210212-061532_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Vowell said:

If I had to guess I would say steel, cut one open and find out? 

AND RUIN A PERFECTLY GOOD ROUND IN THIS HOARDING ATMOSPHERE ???  I say just X-Ray it, although I like the magnet or possibly a specific gravity measurement.  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Edge said:

"It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance."

Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

No, they are not classified as "big game".

"Predators and fur bearing mammals".

Screenshot_20210212-061532_Chrome.jpg

Where did I say they were big game?

10 hours ago, Edge said:

here as game animals as opposed to nongame animals for which the exception exists

14 hours ago, 5guyshunting said:

12 gauge #4

Exactly, killed a lot with 12 gauge copper plated #4 buckshot.  Super full choke can really reach out and touch them as well.

53 minutes ago, Edge said:

Where did I say they were big game?

In response to Big Tub you said they are game animals.

They arent classified as game animals.

2 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

In response to Big Tub you said they are game animals.

They arent classified as game animals.

Gotcha, fur bearing critters

11 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

This is what i got. Looked em up and it says good for target practice. Can not tell if lesd core or steel?

20210211_212600.thumb.jpg.b97b0b971c8cf71ea752955586810b24.jpg

here ya go there lead core your fine

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/federal-american-eagle-223-remington-ammo-55-grain-full-metal-jacket-ae223m-p-82994.aspx?

Federal American Eagle 223 Remington Ammo 55 Grain Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail- AE223M

Federal American Eagle 223 Remington Ammo 55 Grain Full Metal Jacket BT ammo for sale online at cheap discount prices with free shipping available on bulk 223 Remington ammunition only at our online store TargetSportsUSA.com. Target Sports USA carries the entire line of Federal American Eagle ammunition for sale online with free shipping on bulk ammo including this Federal American Eagle 223 Remington Ammo 55 Grain Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail.

Federal American Eagle 223 Remington Ammo 55 Grain Full Metal Jacket ammo review offers the following information;  This Federal 223 Remington ammo features a lead core 55 Grain Full Metal Jacket bullet that is non magnetic, non corrosive boxer primer and brand new virgin brass casing that can be reloaded up to seven times for those high volume 223 ammo shooters that love to reload their 223 Remington ammunition. The Federal American Eagle 223BK Bulk ammo offers muzzle velocity of 3240 feet per second and muzzle energy of 1282 ft lbs.  Federal 223 Remington Full Metal Jacket ammunition is a product from the American Eagle line of ammunition. American Eagle ammunition is marketed as precision practice ammunition, and though it is inexpensive, it offers an uncanny accuracy on par with the more expensive brands. Like all Federal ammunition, Federal AE223 .223 ammunition is manufactured at the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant (LCAAP) in Independence, Missouri, which is an interesting aspect of the ammunition in itself. LCAAP is a government-owned, contractor-operated munitions facility that was originally established in 1941 for the manufacture and testing of small arms ammunition for the United States Army. Since 2001, it has been operated by Alliant Techsystems and is the largest manufacturer of small arms ammunition for the U.S. Army

• Like 1