Sign in to follow this  
joe hunter

She’s gone..

Does anybody really care if she's gone???   Fake maple syrup is lame, anyway.....   Corn syrup and chemicals.  Yum???  🤢

9 minutes ago, stanley said:

Does anybody really care if she's gone???   Fake maple syrup is lame, anyway.....   Corn syrup and chemicals.  Yum???  🤢

the product is still available, theyre just cancelling the name. its not as good as real maple syrup but it also costs 1/5th price and is delicious imo

Ya, I get it.   Cancel culture and political correctness (so called) gone wild.  Same product with different name still = who cares, IMO (Those who want to eat it can still eat it....).   If corporations decide to change names/images based on political correctness and cry-baby input, it just doesn't impact me at all. 

For sure real maple syrup is WAY more expensive, but I don't eat it much anyway so I'll indulge and pay the premium on that rare occasion (I think I have had the same bottle of maple syrup in my cupboard for over 5 years now....).

• Like 1

The problem isn't just with maple syrup and Aunt J.  The problem is that corporations are caving to the woke mob on social media, and where/when will it end.  The more corporations cave the more demands we will see from the woke mob.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

The problem isn't just with maple syrup and Aunt J.  The problem is that corporations are caving to the woke mob on social media, and where/when will it end.  The more corporations cave the more demands we will see from the woke mob.  

And the woke mob is never satisfied. Cowering to them is pointless yet these companies keep cucking themselves and doing it 

• Like 3

In my opinion, part of the problem with the drop in Testosterone in young men is that we are not supposed to be creating warriors because it perpetuates "toxic masculinity," a great evil to all who are not, well, you fill in the blanks.  Since our country was founded on toxic masculinity (think: crossing the Delaware River on Christmas), it must be cancelled, because it represents all that is evil in the world, right now.  We must raise our boys to be soft, because soft boys are unintimidating and that makes people feel good, especially those with naturally soft boys.

I'd like to think I am raising some leaders of the future free wold.  I have a Master's degree in coaching toxic masculinity....and working on a PhD.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

And the woke mob is never satisfied. Cowering to them is pointless yet these companies keep cucking themselves and doing it 

You nailed it Trophy.  Cowering to the woke mob only emboldens them and keeps them coming for me because they believe they were "successful" in the most recent cancellation.  For those who say it doesn't matter, it only doesn't matter until it comes for you or something you enjoy.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

You nailed it Trophy.  Cowering to the woke mob only emboldens them and keeps them coming for me because they believe they were "successful" in the most recent cancellation.  For those who say it doesn't matter, it only doesn't matter until it comes for you or something you enjoy.

Right on the money. This is exactly my point on the trail camera issue, no matter which side of the aisle your on. Once people realize they can take something away, there is no limit on what they will go after. People then get up in arms when it is an issue that will affect them but where the heck were they when it was an issue that didn't concern them......

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

Fair enough.....   I guess in this particular case, for me personally I don't really care because I don't use that product.  Even if I did, I think as long as it tasted the same I wouldn't really care what the bottle looked like, but that's just me.

I get what you're saying.  Maybe someday the cry-babies and political correctness police will result in a change to a product I actually care about.  Suppose my perspective might change when that happens.  Until then though, I just don't really have the mental energy to care.  (Yet somehow I find the mental energy to get on here and debate stuff that I say I don't care about...  lol)

2 minutes ago, stanley said:

I guess in this particular case, for me personally I don't really care because I don't use that product. 

thats the problem, too many people that dont care about anything until its on your door step. 

• Like 4

Since Aunt J is clearly out of a job, let's encourage her to go back to college (for free) and get a degree in IT!!!!!......maybe help out the AZGFD!!

Regardless of what we think, it must be working financially for these corporations.  Now we have Dr. Sues's estate cancelling itself by pulling 6 of its own books from circulation.  Then people hear that Dr. Sues is being cancelled, buy a ton of books, and then their sales go through the roof.  So they make money by self-cancelling and also get to please the woke mob.  I can't think of a better con job since James Comey basically costed Hillary the election then became the darling of the left and sold millions of books to Hillary voters.

• Like 1

I look at young American males say 18 to 30 now days and just wonder WTF... PC really hit the American young male hard. My sister saw a guy in a parking lot the other day and his car wouldn’t start. She said to him, do you need a jump ? He says do you have some cables ? Yeah I do she says then this guy, about 23-25 years old says do you know how to use them I’ve never jumped a car before. I’m glad she didn’t whoop his butt. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, joe hunter said:

I look at young American males say 18 to 30 now days and just wonder WTF... PC really hit the American young male hard. My sister saw a guy in a parking lot the other day and his car wouldn’t start. She said to him, do you need a jump ? He says do you have some cables ? Yeah I do she says then this guy, about 23-25 years old says do you know how to use them I’ve never jumped a car before. I’m glad she didn’t whoop his butt. 

my friend had a flat tire, he posted a pic on FB that he was waiting for AAA. pure soyboy 

• Like 1