Sign in to follow this  
Mark Sipe

Matt's First Coues

post-1928-1290363223_thumb.jpg :ph34r: I am 13 and this is my first buck, I have been hunting for 3 years for a deer, and in the meantime, I have killed a javelina & a cow elk, but I had yet to get a deer until this year. My dad, my step sister, and I got up at 3:00 every morning and drove out to our hunting area and hiked to our special glassing point and waited for a buck to come. On the last day, we went out, and glassed for about a half of an hour, and my dad saw what looked like a doe, so he told me to practice getting it in the scope just like any other doe, then he looked for a little while and said to me " Matt, its a spike, its the last morning, if you want to and you have a clear shot, take it." I waited for a pretty good shot, then took it, a miss, my dad racked another shell in for me and I got back on him. I thought it was odd because the deer was just looking around, and wondering where the sound came from. Once I had another shot, I took it again, another miss. Just like before, he was just looking around, still had no idea where the sound was coming from. Then, on the final shot, I hit him in the neck, I didn't see, but my dad said that he did a flip down the mountain, and was down instantly. My shot was 287 yards and I shot him with my moms' 7 mag. Even though it was a very small deer, I was still really exited that I got it done. I have to say though; this was the biggest deer I have ever shot! The right spike measured 3 4/8" and the left spike was 3 1/8" long. I am kind of disappointed that my sister shot a bigger one. Next year Ill get the bigger one. Thanks for reading my story!!!

Matt

Awesome job Matt. Congratulations on tagging your deer.

Mark you should be very proud....

Way to go Matt!! I'm so glad your hard work paid off. I would say that your deer is a true trophy.

Great job, Matt. Way to work hard until the last day to get it done!! That is a great trophy right there.

Well done Matt, Congrats on a fine deer. I hope my boys are telling stories like yours in the next few years.

Just awesome!! Great job writeing the story and congrats, a true hard earned trophy!! Way to go! And good job dad takeing them out there!