OpticNerd

Bucks! Big, Medium, Small & a 120++

Thanks for the comment Coach.

what are you filming with?????

Majority of the footage is from a Canon Elph 300 hs. There might be a clip or two that came from an Iphone or canon HV20.

• Like 1

That was amazing… I can not believe all those great bucks. My 8 year old son just popped in while I was watching and asked if he could shoot one of those bucks this year. I told he had to wait another 8 before he gets a buck of that caliber. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Best coues video I have ever seen. Please do this again next year ;)

Thanks for the additional comments guys! It makes all the work putting these videos together worth while after reading all the positive feedback.

Best coues video I have ever seen. Please do this again next year ;)

Thanks! Already working on hopefully improving the video quality a bit for the next one. As long as I have the time and I'm able to find some bucks I should be putting another video together for 2015. I'm actually thinking on maybe putting a velvet bucks video together this year as well. I haven't videoed any velvet bucks in over 5 years.

If you ever need help going in there and killing one of those beasts I might know a guy!!!

Good to know I'll keep that in mind :D

These videos where taken with a point and shoot camera?? Wow that's good footage from 300 yards away... Very cool video. Have you ever used something like a canon t3i?

Thanks for the added comments guys.

Wow incredible. Now how many offers for cash have you had to divulge the location

Ha Ha. A few offers but I had to turn them down. The wife still thinks I'm crazy for doing so.

These videos where taken with a point and shoot camera?? Wow that's good footage from 300 yards away... Very cool video. Have you ever used something like a canon t3i?

Yea I used both a Panasonic GH2 and G6 as well as my trusty point and shoot on this year's video. The footage was better in some ways with the dslr but overall I liked the small point and shoot better than both the dslr cameras I used. Here's the link to that video http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/46859-2014-coues-rut-video/ The clips that begin at these times are all dslr footage :33, :56, 1:12, 1:24, 1:27, 1:46, 2:26, 2:28, 2:34, 2:57, 3:23, and 3:57.

You should really look at the camera I just purchased for LONG RANGE videos. I have tested it and it will do 120x OPTICAL in full HD mode and believe it or not really steady camera. I have a Panasonic Ag-Ac90http://www.panasonic.com/business/provideo/AG-AC90.asp

and can say it takes AWESOME video but the little camera FZ70K will do it just as good video at higher magnification for 10x cheaper. I can actually take pictures at 200+ in optical if you reduce the MP which is fine for computer use. This video just blows my mind. You have more than 1 120+ buck on there. The tall guy has some amazing character. If you can do this good filming just get you a tag and head out filming if the right timing is there shoot one.

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/DMC-FZ70K

MAKE SURE YOU SHARE ALL YOUR VIDEOS FROM HERE ON OUT....Amanda may ask you for some of the footage since it is soooooo freakin awesome.!!!

Thanks willhunt4coues. Everything I've seen shot with the FZ70K looks really really good. It's amazing just how good these small cameras are now days especially when you compared them to the video cameras I started out with 20+ years ago.

I thought I mentioned this in one of my earlier post but after reading through all the post again I realized I didn't. All the footage was taken by video/digiscoping using a point and shoot camera connected to a spotter/scope. So just in case some of you thought it was videoed with just a point and shoot it wasn't. Just wanted to make sure there was no confusion.

• Like 1