Whitetail Buck Deer

Danner Pronghorns Good or Bad?!

I ve been shopping and trying on boots for a little while now. I tried on few different pairs but the pronghorns are on the top of my list, the boot is comfortable but the first time I put the boot on I laced them pretty tight and there is a point around the ankle that gave me a pain when I loosened that spot up a bit it felt good but made me nervous. It's hard to try and consider a boot when you are stuck in a store and won't be able to really know what a boot can do for you till they're on your feet for twelve hours and trekking across these hills. Any input would be appreciated good or bad.

I love my Danner boots and just bought a pair for my wife in preparation for her hunt. I prefer that they are tigher through the ankle as I have had severe ankle issues in the past and need the extra support, one of the main reasons I went with these boots. Also, they should loosen up a little as you wear them in.

I finally threw my first pair away after several years of in the field and around the house work. I cleaned them up in the sink a couple of times a year and would soak them in mink oil pretty good. Never leaked, felt great right out of the box, never lost a stitch. I bought another pair and they are great also but they don't have the loop on the back to help pull them on which kind of sucks. For the average guy I think they are a great value.

I have the pronghorn classics and I love them I have had them for 2 years now and are great boots. Extremely comfortable durable and have a short break in period. They have been on sale on cabelas and bass pro recently I picked up mine for $165.00.

I have had my Pronghorns since 2008 and they are the best boots I have ever owned. They are light, comfortable and I have never gotten wet feet in snow, rain or even walking in ankle deep water. Mine do not have the heel or toe protector but it hasn't seemed to affect their performance. After every hunting trip I just put shoe polish on them, buff them out and then spray with Camp Dry or something similar and they are like new again. I love them and I think you would be happy with them if you decided to buy them.

Welp you guys have me pretty much sold! I read reviews some bad and figured if rather depend on cw than someone else that doesn't really hunt the terrain we have out here. Thanks again

• Like 1

I love mine and use them pretty hard. Been in the Grand Canyon to the border. My only advice would be to be careful what insulation if any you get in them for Az hunting.

I am gonna have to check these out!

Started off with the Danner Pronghorns. The ones they made 3 or 4 years ago are great i still have those. But the wife and i both switched to Kennetrek Mountain guides. Very comfortable boot, great traction don't wear out. If you can swing them try those out.

I have 2 pairs of the Jackels and love them. They support your ankle very well and feel like you are in tennis shoes. I was worried about being able to feel the rocks on my feet since their soles are not aggressive but have never had a problem. They are great for stalking game very quiet.

I have bought 3 pairs of the Pronghorn over last few years and for the money, they are hard to beat. The sole and and uppers are sewn as opposed to welded (glued).

In my experience, other boots that are bonded with just glue don't last. The hot rocks and ground here in AZ makes the glue soft and fail. I've returned about three different pairs of "welded" boots after just one or two outings because of they just come apart at the glued seems.

The Danner Pronghorns do need a loop on the back.

Prong horns are comfortable but I think the bottoms wear out to quick and they lose their waterproofing way to quick. They have great grip for hiking is a plus. I had mine re souled after not to much use. I'M due for a new pair now and don't know what to get. Gonna look at Kennatrek i think. I agree with You guys on other ones falling apart . Had 2 pair of Rockies fall apart. no more of them.............BOB!