Sign in to follow this  
D.F.M.

Coues in Prescott?

I saw a dead coues doe at Cordes Junction on the I17 two months back

I had have a good friend that sees them in the Mingus mountain area all the time

Mostly mulies. But the coues that are in that unit (20a) are usually in the deep and rough terrain. So people usually just pick off the mules

Years ago I kicked up a couple in the north side of that wilderness area on the north of mingus mountain. Can't think of the name now... unit 19a. Anyhow, if they were there way back then theres likely more of them now the way they're expanding their range.

Mattys thinking of the woodchute wilderness off the north end of the Mingus range. There are coues there and up on top of mingus and to the south of mingus. Mostly mulies but I've seen coues in 19A few times and spend a lot of time in there. I've never seen a coues in 17a or b but have heard of some being spotted in 17a. I've never seen any in 20a but I'm sure there's a few. And of course unit 8 holds them a little further to the north.

Mattys thinking of the woodchute wilderness off the north end of the Mingus range. There are coues there and up on top of mingus and to the south of mingus. Mostly mulies but I've seen coues in 19A few times and spend a lot of time in there. I've never seen a coues in 17a or b but have heard of some being spotted in 17a. I've never seen any in 20a but I'm sure there's a few. And of course unit 8 holds them a little further to the north.

That's the one. I never camped out in there but hiked it a few times. Very steep and rough off the north edge.

I seen a coues doe last year in 20a this yr and also met a guy who showed me a pic of a nice cues buck he took a few yrs back from the same area. Been huntin the same spot for several us and first time I've seen coues in there.

Page springs? Like by cornvill in 6a?

Yep. North end by the bubbling ponds (river bottom) area. First time I have seen a coues in this area.