Elkaddict

Lost elk tag

My wife misplaced or lost her elk tag for the upcoming rifle bull hunt. I called game and fish last week and was told she could go to any license dealer and get a duplicate. I questioned how that would be possible if the dealer didn't have access to the draw results, they said you just give them the hunt number and sign an affidavit and you're good to go. Specifically said Walmart could do it.

Fast forward to today, stopped at Sportsmans Warehouse on 27th ave, a license dealer, and was told they can't issue a tag for a draw hunt. So if Sportsmans Warehouse, a hunting store, won't do it, how can I expect someone at Walmart to issue one?

Anyone else try to get a duplicate at anyplace other than G&F office?

I've never heard of a licensed dealer being able to issue a duplicate drawn tag. If you could possibly talk to game and fish on Monday, maybe they will let me pick It up for you on Tuesday before I drive up. Not sure they will be that nice tho.

I've never heard of a licensed dealer being able to issue a duplicate drawn tag. If you could possibly talk to game and fish on Monday, maybe they will let me pick It up for you on Tuesday before I drive up. Not sure they will be that nice tho.

Thanks Guy, I am in town thru thanksgiving , so going to g and f to get it won't be a problem.

I think that only the Department can issue duplicate permit tags. Dealers can issue duplicate license and non-permit tags.

^ This.

I know you can do this at any Game and Fish office its simple takes 5 minutes show them your license a fee for the duplicate tag and your done

We've had to get a few dups over the yrs from Walmart... In fact, last week st Sportsmans I was messing w/the guy and asked if I could buy an over the counter bighorn tag, he said yes... I then said, awe... I'll take 2 of those. I waited for a response like, I cant do 2 or something. So I quickly informed the guy that its not legit & I was kidding. I Had to laugh... Anyway, there is not problem getting a dup draw tag- as far as I know

Just to think this is a non-issue in states like NM. You lose your tag or your license, just sign in online and print a new one.

You can buy duplicates at any license dealer. It is not done often so they may not be familiar with it, but the affidavit are in their kits.

• Like 1

I've done this a couple times for draw hunts. Walmart can do it no problem. You just have to sign the affidavit saying that you had the tag. It doesn't matter if it's a draw hunt.