LIK2HNT

Antelope unit 19A or 9

If you where a DIY archery hunter which unit would you pick for the best chance at a great antelope and why? Which unit is more archer friendly for spot and stock or sitting water? I think I have enough points to get either hunt next year. And would like to take a scouting trip this summer to check out one of these units. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

I have done both hunts! Your gonna work your tail off in 9 for a big buck. And probably wrap your tag around a juniper tree in the end.

19A is an easier hunt by sheer volume! Lots of spot and stalk opportunities! If you call archery hunting antelope easy!

• Like 2

Good luck in the draw next year. Either one will be antelope hunting. Something A lot of us dream about for 20+ years.

19a has alot of country and alot of antelope. Alot of antelope cross the highway into 19b when the hunts start though.

Looks like I need to check out 19A then. With 30 tags it should not be to crowded. I hear there are a few landowners that grant permission to their land also. Thanks everyone.

Bill

I am sure the land owner already has his guys. I got drawn 24 years ago call the land owner and he said he already had all his guys for the hunt. Ask him how they found out so fast he said they all called him 3 weeks ago. I think these guys call and say they have tags and they don't. or I guess I am not on the inside. Still waiting for that tag 23 points and counting.

Deep well is always available. Walk in access to the public. Unfortunately, you don't have a lot of other options. Plenty of goats, no need to fret. Enjoy your hunt.

If I had that tag I'd be on the phone to Perkins and granite dells and praying they have openings. That's an awesome tag to have. Don't skimp on it as you probably won't ever get another.