Sign in to follow this  
PseAZ

My 2016 tag is filled.

I'm new to the form myself but I've been browsing for awhile anyways though id share my hunt. I sat opening morning on one of my stands and even though we had a shooter there a hour before i got into my stand didn't see a single deer all day, so we opted to checkout a different area that we shot our bucks the year before. Chad was seeing alot of nice bucks in the area and i was fortunate enough to find a new scrape line and knew that there had to be some bucks working it. The next day we got into the area a little later than we wanted and i had just enough time to set up my new climber before my brother inlaw started sending me teaser pictures of all the bucks he was seeing. By this time i still haven't seen a deer yet alone a buck and it was pushing 10:30. I remember grabbing a drink and as soon as i placed my bottle back in my bag i caught movement 80 yards out heading right towards me. As i scrambled trying to get the gopro on the buck caught the movement and froze. As soon as he looked back i grabbed my range finder and he was at 48 yards and i couldn't tell what buck he was but i knew he was fairly wide and had solid tine length. The buck continued on his path and rounded a tree and started walking broadside. I drew back and held 35 right on him and began to pull into my wall, it seemed like forever and the buck was still walking. Right before the release went off the buck stopped and i had a split second to adjust and the bow went off. I couldn't tell exactly were i hit hit but i knew it was a solid hit. He ran around making a loop doubling back in front of me and his whole side was saturated in blood. My brother inlaw was able to come help me track him and im glad he was there the moment we found him. We didn't know it at the time but the buck i shot was one that we've been trying to get solid picture of and never got to many of. He also was the buck that hit my camera the morning before over a 1/2 mile from were my other stand was. It was a amazing hunt and i'm lucky i got him when i did. My deer tag is full but sounds like were both going turkey hunting and both drew bull tags this year.

post-14436-0-91091700-1460261083_thumb.jpg

post-14436-0-28281600-1460261120_thumb.jpg

post-14436-0-14300900-1460261131_thumb.jpg

post-14436-0-11147800-1460261137_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Thanks guys, it was a fun hunt to say the least. 2 days after I harvested my buck a big storm hit and we couldn't get back into the stands for over a month. Causing us to relocate. We learned about a few new spots and found 2 woppers that hopefully will show back up for one of our other hunts.

Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll have some good stories from our up comming hunts .

Thanks man, he has a good amount of mass his main beams are short but he's got the rest. Think he had just over 31" of mass his mass measurment between his g2 and g3 on his right side is just shy of 5.5"

Unfortunately my darn gopro wasn't responding to my phone and never turned back on. I did get video of another 95ish " buck that decided to help me down the tree. If I can find it when I get home I'll try and post it if your like

This is the buck I was after. Not the biggest one We're watching but I think the coolest

post-14436-0-84590800-1460403724_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice write up and awesome buck! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks man, glad you liked it. We have a turkey hunt this next weekend should be fun. Hopefully ill have some pictures and a good story to go with it as well.