Kingzero

Long Range Geocaching

For a while now I have been thinking about doing something like long range geocaching. I think it would be fun, but wanted to post it here and see how many would be interested in participating.

I would go out and stage a steel target and then post the GPS coordinates of the shooting spot and range to the target. You would have to drive to the coordinates, locate the target and engage. Afterwards, post pics and/ or list rifle and cartridge you shot it with. Targets would probably stay in place for a couple weeks.

The target would be my 12"x12" ar500 since it's the cheapest one I own and the cheapest one to replace if some A-hole decides to take it. I would probably keep the distances between 400 and 600 yards but will go further if requested. You would be welcome to stretch it out as much as you like as long as it's safe to do so.

This would most likely stay on the East side.....Gold Canyon to Superior and down to Florence.....maybe even up past Sunflower. If there is enough interest I might be able to recruit a buddy to stage targets on the West side.

Let me know if you would be interested in participating in something like this.

I wouldn't set up at my "spots". I would find an accessible place to shoot from and hike into the desert with my target and set it up in a safe location. The targets will be set away from any roads and trails to minimize the chances of someone finding them.

• Like 2

I have something just like this, with steel ranging from 200, 300, 400, 500, 650, 750, 880, and 1050. It took ALOT of work to get it done. But now that its done, it is the greatest thing ever. Location is secret, the less who know the better.

I have something just like this, with steel ranging from 200, 300, 400, 500, 650, 750, 880, and 1050. It took ALOT of work to get it done. But now that its done, it is the greatest thing ever. Location is secret, the less who know the better.

Wowwwwww! Hi we can be friends :0

I might know where this is.

I would be interested but work is picking up crazy busy and I'm still developing a load for the 300 win

I thought i was original, I did this a while back but the target was a 2 mile hike away from the roads. I gave GPS to a hilltop and no other info. The target was white so not to bad to find and it was 885 yards. My neighbor smacked it on his 2nd shot and his buddy on his 3rd. Then they put 40 rounds on it. It was such a hike they haven't been back, lol. I moved the target past 1000 now and didn't tell them so I'm waiting for a phone call. They said it was really an eye opener over their usual set up for long range.

Great idea!

West side would be great.

As for CTRacingraptor....I am still waiting for an invite... :)

Puuuhhhhhllleaase lance! Ive invited you several times, and you didnt even bat a eye! You're always to busy working up a new load for you or somebody else, or painting rifle stocks. Lol

• Like 3

How about this...Come to Yuma, we have a 1000 yard range here. If you need GPS coordinates or directions let me know but it will be very easy to get here :) ;)

Well, it seems there aren't enouh people interested to make it worth while. Maybe I will try again when it cools down.