Big Browns

I'm tired of being fat & out of shape

Haha break it down man. I can't comprehend good so hold my hand through it.

my above post is really all there is too it. eat 500-900 calories less than you burn, do that for 12 weeks

this should be clear as mud, its not as complicated as it sounds i could help you or anyone on here get the leanest theyve ever been. like make joe rogan on his best day look fat kind of lean.

First thing, you need to get a rough estimate of your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) there websites to help you get close. lets say 2500 calories is what you eat to maintain. if you want to lose, should be eating about 2000 cals.

if you like to train and you want to do it really right, you only need .8g Protein per lb lean body mass, and .4g fat per lb, the rest carbs

200lb guy would eat something like

160g Protein

80g Fat

160g Carbs

at first i would recommend measuring stuff out so you see what it looks like. after a while youll get good enough at eyeballing food amounts.

who wants to eat no carbs for life? or nothing but "caveman" paleo food (whatever that is) or no sweets and clean food only for life. this approach you can eat ice cream everyday if you wanted. you eat family dinner everyday without feeling gulity

dont do "cheat meals" we do what is called a "refeed" but ill save that for chapter 2

• Like 3

And I'm not talking trash to you guys that are doing ketogenic diet. But I'm willing to bet that none you are even in ketosis unless you're strict and have knowledge of it. You're losing weight cuz you're not eating carbs therefore creating a caloric deficit. It's not the carbs or the keto diet, it's that you're eating less calories than you're burning.

And that's 100% cool with me if you like it.

I'm willing to bet a lot i'm in ketosis. I go as far as pIssing on keto sticks every day. I have been an athlete my entire life and played college ball for 4 years. I know a thing or two about diet and exercise myself. I lift daily, bench 350+ still, squat 450+, and deadlifted 495 for sets a couple hours ago. I do not fall for celebrity diets or fads, nor will i ever. NOTHING replaces proper diet and exercise . I know the differences that you are talking about and understand the basic "burn more than you take in" diet, which works pretty good for most people. Joe rogan is nearly 50 and about 10% body fat. Hard to get any more ripped than that at that age. Keto has worked great for me. I agree with most of what Trphyhnter is saying, but some diets work different for different people. If i do the standard low calorie diet, i end up being "skinny fat".

• Like 1

I'm willing to bet a lot i'm in ketosis. I go as far as pIssing on keto sticks every day

you are hardcore. no wonder youre worried about smelling like onions walking into your stand lol, also your breath is atrocious right?

im sure you can lift all that, im not saying my approach will make you stronger. all im asking is for long term your whole life, are you not going to eat carbs? maybe thats fine for you. im an ice cream junky, i also like cornbread and taters. my diet is not even a diet, its just portion control and working out 5 times a week staying as active as possible to keep tdee up, drink lots of water.

joe rogan is on TRT and whatever else

If i dip below 225, i look unhealthy. Just have a big frame. Yeah, joe is on TRT, probably a good idea for a lor of people. I go in waves man. I like my beans and cornbread like the next guy. I fluctuate 20lbs every 2 years or so but i refuse to get fat, especially in a family with obesity problems. I'm thinking about starting a new diet that consists of lots of columbian bam bam and late nights with prostitutes. Worked okay for Charlie Sheen?

• Like 2

Trphyhnter, what you said obviously makes sense. If you burn more than you take in you should lose weight. I'm more after how are you burning it. To say burn more than you put in is great but what are you doing to burn it off? I lift everyday and it gets boring so what would exercise would you recommend for leaning out. PM me if you want. I was dickin with you earlier but I am interested in how you do it.

Trphyhnter, what you said obviously makes sense. If you burn more than you take in you should lose weight. I'm more after how are you burning it. To say burn more than you put in is great but what are you doing to burn it off? I lift everyday and it gets boring so what would exercise would you recommend for leaning out. PM me if you want. I was dickin with you earlier but I am interested in how you do it.

its all about lifting dude. Increase lean body mass. Cardio like jogging is so inefficient. But any excercise you do is going increase the calories you burn you know what I mean. If you have heard of HIIT, lifting is like a whole bunch of sets of HIIT, short bursts of high intensity. It's good stuff

• Like 1

Just a heads up, I will be taking creative license with "bro science" in the future.post-14463-0-96138300-1468556539.jpg

• Like 2