Big Browns

I'm tired of being fat & out of shape

I can It just sucks. I didn't get fat over night though. It takes hard work to get fit when you're not. If I could change one thing in my life it would be that. Its alot easier to not get fat in the first place.

• Like 1

I downloaded the my fitness pal app about a week before this thread started and I'm down 15.5 lbs from watching my calorie intake. I've cut out all pop and fast food and have been paying attention to my step counter on the iPhone. I started playing racquetball a couple times a week and taking walks on the days I don't play. I have about 5 weeks before my archery hunt to hopefully shed another 15 lbs.

As mentioned above results will keep you motivated. Just have to find the motivation to start seeing results.

• Like 5

I shed about 25lbs since about april. Now i'm just in maintenance. Trying to stay in the 225-230 range through the fall, and from here on out really. Gym about 4x a week and staying off of real starchy foods for the time being. When hunts get a little closer, the cardio sessions will become more frequent and less focus on weights

• Like 1

Anybody a fan of supersets with a short HIIT mixed in every round? Talk about embracing the suck! 4-5 rounds of that over 20-25 minutes and I'm SPENT!

• Like 1

Well crap.. If you don't have any knees I would look at kettle bell and step ups but both are going to stress your knees. Take it easy and go slow. As the weight comes off your knees will feel better. Load a calorie tracker to your phone to help stay on track with diet especially if you aren't able to do alot of cardio.

haha well crap is right ! That's pretty much how I feel. But either way, I figured if I just keep pushing myself to walk, hike, lift weights, something will always be better than nothing. I think once I lose about 20 pounds I may start to attempt to jog.. for the sake of getting some cardio in.

Once you drop some weight you will gain your knees back. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I once read that for every pound of weight loss it unloads four pounds of joint stress.

• Like 2

Sounds about right

Az KIller,

that is impressive. A friend I hunt with dropped 40 plus pounds,and got down to 15% or so...He is a lot quieter bowhunting Took a willingness to try new things: lift weights, some flights on the stairmaster (100), and when he hurt his arm (construction) he walked for three weeks. Diet changes, of course (soda equals fat past age 24,).

I dropped about 12 pounds since 2015, and am at 13 -15% bodyfat, usually. Feel awesome at age 50. we all have to motivate each other to get to that individual's sweet spot. That need not be 10 % bodyfat, btw. And I find going uphill easier without 12 pounds of extra fat.

• Like 1

Keystone light and learning to shoot farther = success

Lol that's what I did! I figured out that you have to go get it though! My farthest kill is actually a prairie dog at 803. My farthest deer was around 750.

• Like 1

Just read through the whole thread. A lot of good info. I need to work on my diet.. To many family functions...

The past year I had some health issues long story short ended up being a super low testosterone issue. In the first 6 weeks when I got my shots I went from 193 to 216. In the last 3 months ive gotten back down to 192 +/- Working out 4 days a week " doing jims short cut to strength" Like the program seeing a lot of solid gains. I have been stuck loosing weight tho the past month or so only lost 2 pounds. Glad softball leagues started up my cardio/endurance is getting a lot better playing 4-5 games a week. Hoping to get around 180-185 before my elk hunt. Noticed just by switching to eating salids at work for dinner im slowly dropping a pound or 2 a week. working graves makes it interesting to know when and what to eat.

• Like 2

I just do biweekly hikes with weight. Today was a 4 mile round trip with 30 pounds. Gained and then descended 1,200 feet with very steep stuff mixed in...

I'll do an 8 miler on Saturday....

• Like 2

Keystone light and learning to shoot farther = success

I've made a helluva a lot of sacrifices to be successful at different things in this world, but you just drew a line I can't cross. I'd rather be play a vigorous game of bag-tag with John Cena in the middle of a roid-rage than drink light beer. :angry:

Haha after about 12 they all taste the same

You raise a valid point, but I can't stay awake long enough to get past the taste zone anyway. I honestly can't remember the last time I finished a six pack in one go... guess it's a good goal for this weekend.