Cell4soul

Bino Harness - looking for recommendations

Just like the title states. Tell me what bino harness you like, pros and cons, etc. I was using a Sportsman's sling style with my 8x32 Steiners. I am looking for something with a protective case as I will now be wearing 12x50's around my neck. Light weight would be preferable.

I like the Rick young harness with a crooked horn cover. Super simple and easy to use while archery hunting and keeps the dust out unlike some others and also very compact. The Marsupial gear harness looks interesting though. Some people Walk around with a giant tuf shed on their chest. I don't know how they do it.

• Like 1

I love my Kuiu. I use it with my swaro 15s. What i dont like about it is that it has an opening in the back. That opening is against your chest most of the time but dust and other crap will find a way in. So i just make sure to clean mine out often. Other than that, i love everything about it

• Like 1

+1 on the Rick Harness. Simple, easy to use and never any twisted straps.

I love my Kuiu. I use it with my swaro 15s. What i dont like about it is that it has an opening in the back. That opening is against your chest most of the time but dust and other crap will find a way in. So i just make sure to clean mine out often. Other than that, i love everything about it

I also use the Kuiu for my Leica 12x50s. It is lighter weight and more compact than my Badlands, but doesn't keep debris out, a little bit gets in. The other thing I don't care for is the lack of upper attachment to the compartment when you unclip the binos to put on a tripod. I may make a modification for that. The Badlands is great in every way except the weight and bulk. It is excellent for keeping the dust/debris out and storage of extra, small items. It dependson what you want in a harness system. It's kinda like trying to find the perfect concealed carry holster....you`ll end up trying several.

I just bought the marsupial for my 12x50 Swaro ELs. So far I love it. Local AZ company, everything made here in the US.

It looks like the sides are open on that one too.

I also have a Badlands harness. I really like it for the most part. It does great for my top two criteria. Keeps my bino completely covered and quick easy access. I've also heard really good things about AGC and may pick one of those up to try out. I really want something that isn't to bulky, but will hold my binos, range finder, and a few small items. From what I have seen, the AGC should fit that bill.

I just bought the marsupial for my 12x50 Swaro ELs. So far I love it. Local AZ company, everything made here in the US.

It looks like the sides are open on that one too.

If you're looking for something completely enclosed, badlands is your best bet.

I have owned 3 or 4 different ones and now am sold on the Marsupial. If you are looking fore full enclosure, this is not the case for you. It has cutouts on the side to make getting the binos out and in easier and quicker. The magnets are strong, and the lid pens the RIGHT way. I highly recommend this case.

Of those already mentioned I prefer the agc. I have the extra pockets cause I like to keep soon snacks and a little tp on me.

I tried the Marsupial for my 12x50EL's, it didn't fit them and couldn't keep the lid closed. Really liked the design but just didn't fit my binos and the material was a little loud for my liking, I ended up returning it.

Using the Horn Hunter now, it has a rangefinder holder I really like and fits my binos well

• Like 1

I tried the Marsupial for my 12x50EL's, it didn't fit them and couldn't keep the lid closed. Really liked the design but just didn't fit my binos and the material was a little loud for my liking, I ended up returning it.

Using the Horn Hunter now, it has a rangefinder holder I really like and fits my binos well

What size did you get? Mine is medium. Fits a little snug but they fit.

What size harness did you get for your 12x50's?