Sign in to follow this  
Norteno

Lake Pleasant Stiper Fishing - What to expect

So my wife and her friend got me and my budding a guided striper fishing day at Lake Pleasant on March 5th. I love fishing, but mostly stream fly fishing for trout or from the bank of a lake. Never really been out on a boat or fished for Bass.

What can I expect? Hopefully I won't be throwing chunks off the side of the boat. Do I need one of those fancy shirts with all my sponsors on the back? Do I get to keep the fish? Are they good to eat?

Truthfully I'd rather have the day off to head up north and check if the Bulls have started dropping.

It depends on who the outfitter is. Do you know what company she bought the trip with?

That's a little early to go for them, but using the guide, you'll see what you need to do to catch them in April. As far as the dinks go.... they are growing. There are plenty of nutrients to sustain them. Just don't eat them because of the mercury level in the meat. That comes from G&F.

There are 20 lb fish in there.

10lb line or less. Less than 10lb and you'll catch more, but lose more.

Little early for big bites but should be fun, I scoffed at fishing them but ounce I started going out it was a blast. A lot of small fish yes but we have found a few 3 lb and up. I have been eating them all year, not sure about that Mercury deal??? I don't feel dead at the moment!!!! Fish tacos all the way. I like to drop shot shad if I can net them but chopped anchovies works, try to cast out away from the main bait ball and let your bait drop deeper and you might snag a larger fish. The bite is really lite so be ready, Hoghunter taught me the trick and feel to keep them from swallowing the hook. A lot of finesse.

"What if I eat more than the recommended amount of fish and shellfish in a week?"
One week's consumption of fish does not change the level of methylmercury in the body much at all. If you eat a lot of fish one week, you can cut back for the next week or two. Just make sure you average the recommended amount per week.

• Like 2

My brother was there today. Super slow. Snagged one single 6" striper in 8 hours. I bet weather had more to do with it than anything. Pray for warmer temps.

My brother was there today. Super slow. Snagged one single 6" striper in 8 hours. I bet weather had more to do with it than anything. Pray for warmer temps.

Do people ever pray for warmer temps. In Az. ?

• Like 2

Do people ever pray for warmer temps. In Az. ?

Yeah I'm gonna pass on that prayer.

• Like 5

Dinks every cast... The Lake needs to be cleaned-out and re-stocked...

Restocked with an invasive species?

Didn't the Strippers end up in the lake when they filled it with CAP water after raising the Dam?

I think the strippers ended up in the lake after that rich guy capsized his party barge

• Like 5