elkhunter

AES Hunt for Heros

Before the story starts I gotta say a lot of you folks missed out on a great opportunity to help a vet!!

So on Thursday I confirmed with Lv2hnt that I would be taking a wounded vet out on a quest to harvest his first big game animal. I got in touch with him and had to explain that I couldn't take him out until my girlfriend harvested a pig. That didn’t take too long --- girlfriend was able to harvest her first big game animal on Friday at 8:23 am!

Friday evening came and I spoke with the hunter and I just felt like I wanted more help on the hunt than just me. Called up a few friends and CMC (Chris McCotter) was quick to respond and was ready to go Saturday morning. My high school hunting buddy Jon also said he’d come out to help. Saturday morning couldn’t come soon enough! Right at 5:30 everyone showed up at my house. We all hopped into my truck and met CMC out in the field.

It didn’t take long, maybe 10 minutes, and a herd was located by CMC. GPS eventually showed us that the herd was 1.4 miles away, so huge props to CMC! We were able to creep up to 94 yards from the herd and the hunter made a perfect shot and downed his first big game animal! It was a blast and it was great showing him how to gut a critter, skin a critter, and how to bone out a critter. I’m totally looking forward to helping out with AES Hunts for Hero program in the future!

• Like 7

Good job man. I was able to help out on the sheep hunt a few months back and it's definitely a rewarding experience. Your a pig killing machine by the way.

• Like 1

Good job Tyler and awesome thing you did. Congratulations all the way around.

I took a vet out during the HAM hunt down in 36A with Hunts For Heros. After fighting his truck Chris Cass arrived Friday afternoon at Amanda's lady hunt camping area. We went out during the high winds and found some fresh sign but no pigs. Tyler you are right helping a vet puts a sence pride not felt before, although I was not able to help the rest of the weekend or to find a pig I had a great time. Thank you Amanda for hosting us during your ladies hunt.

post-5396-0-99304200-1488095560_thumb.jpg

post-5396-0-75792000-1488095638_thumb.jpg

post-5396-0-85744600-1488095697_thumb.jpg

post-5396-0-11463300-1488095763_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

That's my buddy Carlton I mentored elk hunting. Glad to see him close the deal on his first big game animal.

• Like 1