davehc130

people selling hunting spots on line....your thoughts

7 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

should I pay my entry fee. I'm going to dollar more tank 

good luck i wish you well.....hope you are successful!!!!!!!  Wish I was out hunting but alas I have to work all weekend...will be out there next week!!

Your telling me I can make $20 for dropping a pin on a map and writing a 2 sentence summary of how to glass it!!! 

I think this Dave guy is really desertbull, he needed some free advertisement!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well,    buy all units and post them on the site then Amanda can create a sticky for them.  That will fix them.   😎😂👸💃🐵🍖

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/24/2018 at 9:02 PM, davehc130 said:

you mean like this??? seems most of you are good with it...well here are the places i wont waste my time since a guy is selling these places to hunt....

1884642090_ScreenShot2018-08-25at12_01_43AM.png.1194b2896f210e1cc6d87f387f7a8da2.png

davehc130, although quite a few on here aren't agreeing with your opinion on this I see it your way. If everyone knows everything it takes the fun out of hunting.

This kind of concentrates everyone in a few spots where the animals actually live and it kind of ruins everyone's hunt instead of a few.

On 8/24/2018 at 11:00 PM, davehc130 said:

I bought two maps...one I wanted to see if maybe the maps might be part of the reason my bear hunting spot was over run, so yes I bought it so I would have the facts rather than just assuming....I also bought the 6a because since I am headed out next week I wanted to make sure that area would not be over run..so yes I bought them to be informed..and in an odd way bought them to make sure I did not hunt anywhere nears his posted areas...so well I disagree with selling areas, at least I can know that the area I am hunting will not be over run with internet hunters....only one of his deer areas is near where I hunt so I will NOT waste my time over there.....dont you think that if I am going to bring up the issue I should at least have the facts?

I'm a little confused. You've done a lot of complaining about hunting spots being sold . If you are purchasing the maps doesn't that make you a contributing party to the "problem" you're complaining about? 

1 hour ago, 300RUM said:

I'm a little confused. You've done a lot of complaining about hunting spots being sold . If you are purchasing the maps doesn't that make you a contributing party to the "problem" you're complaining about? 

Again I bought the maps for two reasons. I wanted to see if his service highlighted my bear area. And yes it did, so it contributed to my area being over run with hunters.  2 I wanted to make sure where was going deer hunting was not also highlighted... good news was it is not,,,, and I wanted to be knowledgeable on what I was talking about ...

• Like 1

On 8/24/2018 at 5:07 PM, davehc130 said:

This what WY HAS TO SAY ABOUT IT.  

The draft bill includes language that reads, “No person shall provide to a hunter for remuneration the location information of any previously scouted big or trophy game animal for the purpose of aiding the hunter in the taking of the big or trophy game animal.”

I don’t read this as preventing someone for selling “spots” to hunt from. I read the intent as preventing someone from selling the location of a specific animal.

in AZ these commissioner tag holders often pay several $ “finders fee” to someone who provides the location of a big buck or bull.

I think you would be hard pressed to keep someone from selling starting points like you have posted. And to be honest, why anyone would be willing to pay for such info is beyond me. My worst hunting fear is ending up in a place that is posted online, so why the heck would I pay for that experience.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

I don’t read this as preventing someone for selling “spots” to hunt from. I read the intent as preventing someone from selling the location of a specific animal.

in AZ these commissioner tag holders often pay several $ “finders fee” to someone who provides the location of a big buck or bull.

I think you would be hard pressed to keep someone from selling starting points like you have posted. And to be honest, why anyone would be willing to pay for such info is beyond me. My worst hunting fear is ending up in a place that is posted online, so why the heck would I pay for that experience.

I agree !!!! I would never pay for a spot.  The issue is when You have a spot then all of a sudden on opening day it is over run with internet hunters because someone else posted the area...

If I were You I would blame CrossFit. You seem to think you had some amazing bear spot which means it was probably off the road a bit. So blame CrossFit and Cameron Hanes for getting these fatties in shape enough to make it to your beloved spot.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, cjl2010 said:

If I were You I would blame CrossFit. You seem to think you had some amazing bear spot which means it was probably off the road a bit. So blame CrossFit and Cameron Hanes for getting these fatties in shape enough to make it to your beloved spot.

A bit off the beaten path..... but not super far.   Only 2-3 miles to get to the bear 

2 hours ago, davehc130 said:

I agree !!!! I would never pay for a spot.  The issue is when You have a spot then all of a sudden on opening day it is over run with internet hunters because someone else posted the area...

Lighten up, this isn’t about you. I was questioning why anyone would pay for this stuff.

You are not under “Attack”.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Lighten up, this isn’t about you. I was questioning why anyone would pay for this stuff.

You are not under “Attack”.

Why are you viciously attacking him like that. It’s your violent words that are causing him to fear for his life. 😉

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, oz31p said:

Why are viciously attacking him like that. It’s your violent words that are causing him to fear for his life. 😉

Lighten up Francis.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davehc130 said:

Lighten up Francis.   

Have we meet? How did you know my name is Francis? I thought this whole inter web thingy was anonymous. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1