Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

Where my fellow Doge coin billionaires at?

1 hour ago, dsotm said:

Sold off a bunch of stock that wasn't doing much a few months ago and put a decent amount in ETH, very happy with that decision

Excellent choice

10 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Hope yall are still holding/investing in Crypto....

Yup! Just wish I had started sooner. 

Just an FYI:

A house purchased in 1993 for $45k that originally sold for $50k in 1981 is now worth nearly $250k - $300k. If it was a rental and managed correctly, somebody else would have paid for the property, maintenance, and taxes, while you got a reduction in your income taxes and received some income.

It's physically there, you can sell it any time. The banks recognize it as a real asset and you can get real $$$ if you decide to sell it or receive monthly income. There is work though. And you need to know the rules and manage it.

Rents have gone up from $650.00 per month in 1993 to $1,800 per month in 2021. 10 houses paid off would net approximately $1,300 per month each in 2021. That would be $13,000 a month or $156k per year, plus you would still have the gross value of the houses that would be roughly $4 million. Not instant, but it happens. But I repeat, there is work and you have to know the rules!

Next "big adjustment" will probably be 2026 or 2028 ish. Buy two to three years after the "crash" for lowest prices.

House in 2011 that sold for $67k is now worth $390k if all spruced up.

House in 2011 that sold for $80k is now worth $450k.

"Crashes" in  1968, 1988, 2008.

Economy has "peaked" every 18 years since the late 1800's with few exceptions. History tends to repeat itself. Big boys at the top controlling it all to make money on both sides?

You don't have to believe or trust me. Check the data. I would not buy a house now for an investment because the numbers don't work, but I am looking towards 2029 - 2030 ish, if I'm healthy and my kids are pretty much out of college.

BTW, I'm over 60 and have lived through two adjustments. Everything is looking like it is a repeat and on track with the past overall.

Enjoy the ride!

I am not a Realtor and am not pushing or selling anything. I get nothing out of what you choose to do with this information. 

I have been aware or involved with rentals since 1983 to some degree.

Use this information at your own discretion.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Boarman03 said:

Just an FYI:

A house purchased in 1993 for $45k that originally sold for $50k in 1981 is now worth nearly $250k - $300k. If it was a rental and managed correctly, somebody else would have paid for the property, maintenance, and taxes, while you got a reduction in your income taxes and received some income.

It's physically there, you can sell it any time. The banks recognize it as a real asset and you can get real $$$ if you decide to sell it or receive monthly income. There is work though. And you need to know the rules and manage it.

Rents have gone up from $650.00 per month in 1993 to $1,800 per month in 2021. 10 houses paid off would net approximately $1,300 per month each in 2021. That would be $13,000 a month or $156k per year, plus you would still have the gross value of the houses that would be roughly $4 million. Not instant, but it happens. But I repeat, there is work and you have to know the rules!

Next "big adjustment" will probably be 2026 or 2028 ish. Buy two to three years after the "crash" for lowest prices.

Economy has "peaked" every 18 years since the late 1800's with few exceptions. History tends to repeat itself. Big boys at the top controlling it all to make money on both sides?

You don't have to believe or trust me. Check the data. I would not buy a house now for an investment because the numbers don't work, but I am looking towards 2029 - 2030 ish, if I'm healthy and my kids are pretty much out of college.

BTW, I'm over 60 and have lived through two adjustments. Everything is looking like it is a repeat and on track with the past overall.

Enjoy the ride!

I am not a Realtor and am not pushing or selling anything. I get nothing out of what you choose to do with this information. 

One big issue here is people!!!! I went down this road really young and people really suck, from day 1 I had issues with renters. I was lucky on timing and bought low and sold high on 3 homes but never will I go down the rental road again. Ill take my 10% a year on the market and enjoy stress free life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

One big issue here is people!!!! I went down this road really young and people really suck, from day 1 I had issues with renters. I was lucky on timing and bought low and sold high on 3 homes but never will I go down the rental road again. Ill take my 10% a year on the market and enjoy stress free life.

Not to mention unaccountable gov't bureaucracies like the CDC. And if your home were in CA, the rent payment moratorium has been extended through Jan 1. Happy New Years, deadbeats.

4 hours ago, Boarman03 said:

Just an FYI:

Enjoy the ride!

Why can’t I do both? 

6 hours ago, GJMauro12 said:

Why can’t I do both? 

You can. Never said you couldn't.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Edge said:

Not to mention unaccountable gov't bureaucracies like the CDC. And if your home were in CA, the rent payment moratorium has been extended through Jan 1. Happy New Years, deadbeats.

That was a new twist. But there were rules people had to follow or they could still be evicted, and deserving people were evicted if the property owner knew the rules.

Still one of the safest and most consistent investments I know. Not for everyone. Just putting the info out there. Not a judgement.

• Like 1

All I can do is relate my 40 years of experience. I never lost a house, suffered some setbacks, didn't manage them always like I should have, but I am putting my kids through college and helping one with free rent (she puts the rent amount into her savings account each month) to get ready to buy a house in the next crash. She just graduated as a Civil Engineer and immediate was hired. No student loans, no car payments, no rent. That's what rentals did for me, and her.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Boarman03 said:

All I can do is relate my 40 years of experience. I never lost a house, suffered some setbacks, didn't manage them always like I should have, but I am putting my kids through college and helping one with free rent (she puts the rent amount into her savings account each month) to get ready to buy a house in the next crash. She just graduated as a Civil Engineer and immediate was hired. No student loans, no car payments, no rent. That's what rentals did for me, and her.

I might have to move in the next few years for work, even though I don’t necessarily want to move. My wife and I have already had the discussion that we aren’t selling our current house no matter what. We plan to make it a rental and have someone else pay it off for us. I would love a boost in retirement income if we can make it happen. I know rentals aren’t for everyone, but this is what we plan to do. 

On 10/30/2021 at 5:15 AM, Boarman03 said:

Just an FYI:

Enjoy the ride!

Russ, and others;   Curious if anyone has become involved in the Airbnb/VRBO business??

A couple of years ago I bought a house in south Scottsdale (just south of the Old Town area).  Turns-out that due to proximity to that touristy/party spot, my neighborhood is apparently super hot for the short term rental business.  There are two on my street, and I've gotten to know the owners/property-managers quite well.  One was recently purchased for just over $600K, and the buyer is in it ONLY for the short term rental business.  Said he expects a 30-35% annual ROI after expenses.  CRAZY returns that have me considering renting or buying a small condo to live in and rent my place out too! LOL

Anyway, anyone doing that??

• Like 1

My best freind is getting into that business, his sister and brother both have cabins in Munds park and Forest lakes. They rent them out most weekends and alot of weekdays and save some for themselves and still pay all operating costs along with mortgages. Seems like a pretty good deal, the 3rd party does all the leg work and a private cleaning company takes care of in between care.

They use a 3rd party that runs through all the major short term companies so they are not locked into just one. Pretty popular strategy since the Air bnb craze started.

• Like 1