KYBoy

Tons of Critters at the Waterhole

Howdy. Here’s another video I made up in the mountains. It’s ridiculously dry, hence why all these animals are crowding this little puddle. Hopin for rain soon. 

• Like 10

Great video. Lots of great species, enjoyed seeing that pair of Mearns quail. 

• Thanks 1

As I was watching this last night, I was thinking what would potentially increase views to this good video.

This is only a suggestion to help you to that end.  I know nothing of video editing and the like so take my suggestion with a grain of salt.  😀

15-20 mins of just watching animals silently takes some patience unless one really likes watching this stuff.

How about some commentary of the animals on the screen?  The name of the animal and interesting characteristics about it is a good start IMO.

I'll best most people have no clue what a Coatimundi is or the difference between a male and female, which I saw in your video.

Eddie  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eddielasvegas said:

As I was watching this last night, I was thinking what would potentially increase views to this good video.

This is only a suggestion to help you to that end.  I know nothing of video editing and the like so take my suggestion with a grain of salt.  😀

15-20 mins of just watching animals silently takes some patience unless one really likes watching this stuff.

How about some commentary of the animals on the screen?  The name of the animal and interesting characteristics about it is a good start IMO.

I'll best most people have no clue what a Coatimundi is or the difference between a male and female, which I saw in your video.

Eddie  

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve toyed with a lot of ideas and I realize this video was quite a long one. I think the best formula I’ve found is a short description on how I chose the spot (a lot of new people to the outdoors appreciate those), then about 4-5 minutes of highlights. You’re right most people won’t watch all 20 minutes, but I just wanted to see what kind of views it got and I wanted to show just how incredibly crowded that spot is. The average view time right now is about 6:00 which is better than I expected considering most people won’t watch all of a 5 minute video. I get some questions in the comments I’m happy to answer. I might do commentary for special situations. For example, today I got a deer video, then a lion video 2 minutes later and you can hear the deer blowing in the distance. I am going to explain what I think went down (lion tried and failed to kill the deer). Thanks so much for watching and for the suggestion!

• Like 1