lonne

While You Were Out Thurs 07/01 We Took 11,712 acres

Some may be for this, some may be against this.  But I strongly recommend opposing this. 

Interesting how they decide to hold a meeting the night when many people will be flying out of town for the long weekend.  I don't think destroying 11,712 more acres of habitat is good for animal habitat nor the area.  The meeting for Case # PZ-PA-006-21 is scheduled for Thursday night July 1 from 6pm to 7:30pm at Gold Canyon United Methodist Church 6640 S. Kings Ranch Rd, Gold Canyon, AZ.

Please attend the email to voice your concerns, or email Matthew Klyszeiko at matthewk@mbakerintl.com and phone at 602-798-7513 to voice your opposition.

See attachments for more information.

LandInAJPage1.jpg

LandInAJPage2.jpg

It will suck to lose it, but you need to remember that State Trust Land is not public land in the same sense as Forest Service/BLM/other federal holdings.  Federal public lands are held in trust for the people, with an expectation that most of it will likely remain undeveloped forever.  State Trust Land is held in trust for the benefit of the public schools of Arizona.  The Trust has a responsibility to get the best monetary return it can.  With State Trust Lands (and in contrast to Federal public lands), the expectation is that it could all go into private hands eventually, depending on what makes the most financial sense.  When civilization catches up to those tracts, that will often mean development and sale. 

This rezoning will be the first step in putting the land up for auction to go into private hands.  

One interesting note, in many states (Utah, I know for sure), the Trustee requires that the state game and fish agency pay an annual fee to the trust to allow hunting and fishing on trust lands.  It is a trespass fee, essentially.  That money has to come straight out of the agency's budget--meaning license dollars.   The State Land Trust in Arizona has not tried that yet, but don't be surprised when it does.  If the fee the Utah DNR gets charged is indication, we are talking a significant percentage of the incoming license dollars being shifted over to the Trust.

• Like 1

...I should probably also add, there is no way in heck the County is going to turn down the request.  You're talking about putting thousands of acres on the property tax rolls, with significant opportunity for economic development in employment zones.  It looks like a good chunk will remain open space to appease those who want those protections.  This will fly through the process.

The world revolves around gold coins. No one can stop it’s unless you find a bald eagles nest on top of an ancient ruin. They gettin that land

• Like 1

Is prop. 123 the one where az residents voted that it was OK for az to sell state land in order to fund education while our treasurer was screaming,  we don't need this, there's plenty of money in the general fund for education.  And that state land should be reserved and used as an income for education? 

• Like 1

I'm not sure what side McCain was on but I know what side I was on. The state should use state land to generate funds for education in the form of state parks or as someone mentioned before charging a trespass fee to g&f or whatever way they can think of, but once it's sold, your income on that land is done, you get what you get and I'd be surprised to see half of it make it to a classroom. 

• Like 2

I've been teaching general and special education for almost 15 years. Majority of funds that are supposed to go to education (classrooms, students, etc..) ends up going to those who are in the administration part of education. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Tradman said:

I've been teaching general and special education for almost 15 years. Majority of funds that are supposed to go to education (classrooms, students, etc..) ends up going to those who are in the administration part of education. 

Sounds about right 

20 hours ago, 1uglydude said:

It will suck to lose it, but you need to remember that State Trust Land is not public land in the same sense as Forest Service/BLM/other federal holdings.  Federal public lands are held in trust for the people, with an expectation that most of it will likely remain undeveloped forever.  State Trust Land is held in trust for the benefit of the public schools of Arizona.  The Trust has a responsibility to get the best monetary return it can.  With State Trust Lands (and in contrast to Federal public lands), the expectation is that it could all go into private hands eventually, depending on what makes the most financial sense.  When civilization catches up to those tracts, that will often mean development and sale. 

This rezoning will be the first step in putting the land up for auction to go into private hands.  

One interesting note, in many states (Utah, I know for sure), the Trustee requires that the state game and fish agency pay an annual fee to the trust to allow hunting and fishing on trust lands.  It is a trespass fee, essentially.  That money has to come straight out of the agency's budget--meaning license dollars.   The State Land Trust in Arizona has not tried that yet, but don't be surprised when it does.  If the fee the Utah DNR gets charged is indication, we are talking a significant percentage of the incoming license dollars being shifted over to the Trust.

Yes, I get there's a process.  But if you oppose it, you should be involved and at least attempt to be a part of the very weighed against you process instead of giving up and giving in.

Never mind it is just a notification that it will get done.  Dont stand in the way of the bulldozers.

21 hours ago, AZBIG10 said:

The world revolves around gold coins. No one can stop it’s unless you find a bald eagles nest on top of an ancient ruin. They gettin that land

Greed, indeed.