Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Learning Taxidermy

Over this past year I've been in the process of learning Taxidermy.  I retire from the state in 7 years, so I'm hoping to make Taxidermy my retirement job.

It's been a really fun learning process.  Here are a few I've done recently.

20200814_213457(1).jpg

Resized_20210701_195611.jpeg

Resized_20210701_195650.jpeg

Resized_20210507_142601.jpeg

20210228_175652.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow! 1

Very nice.. Dad does it , i helped him do my bison last month almost done. Long days but fun.

• Like 2

Definitely getting better!  Still have a lot to learn, but it's nice to see my progression.

IMG_5809.jpg

IMG_5807.jpg

• Like 7

I'm still learning so I'm keeping my prices in line with my skill level.   I'm able to do most deer/Javelina shoulder mounts between $500-$600.  For a small additional cost I can get shoulder mounts done within 60 days.

1 hour ago, Big Browns said:

I'm still learning so I'm keeping my prices in line with my skill level.   I'm able to do most deer/Javelina shoulder mounts between $500-$600.  For a small additional cost I can get shoulder mounts done within 60 days.

Nice! I’ll keep you in mind. 
Have any business cards or anything to directly contact you?

Good on ya man. A good friend i worked with for about 10 years was able to quit a few months ago and pursue taxidermy full time and in your neck of the woods. Glad i still get the good guy treatment as he already has to turn people away so he can keep a good turnover time . Lots of people want taxi work these days. 

35 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Good on ya man. A good friend i worked with for about 10 years was able to quit a few months ago and pursue taxidermy full time and in your neck of the woods. Glad i still get the good guy treatment as he already has to turn people away so he can keep a good turnover time . Lots of people want taxi work these days. 

It's been a really fun learning process.  Something I've wanted to learn for 20 years. 

Definitely enough buisness around.  I've actually been shocked with the amount of buisness.  I'm also shocked to hear the horror stories about other taxidermist.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Big Browns said:

Something I've wanted to learn for 20 years. 

I forget how old you are 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow! 1

12 minutes ago, cjl2010 said:

I forget how old you are 😉

LOL

• Like 1

I completed my first Goose and Antelope today.  Definitely not perfect, but overall I'm really happy with them.  

Resized_20211121_125609.jpg

Resized_20211121_112104.jpg

Resized_20211121_111707.jpeg

Resized_20211121_111319.jpeg

• Like 5