Heat

Alaska 2021

Well I wanted to post some pics from Alaska but most are jacked up and sideways, going to need to edit them with something on my computer first I guess.

20210719_175511.jpg

• Like 21

Way cool, i need to do a trip to Alaska one day.

• Like 1

Way cool!!!  Headed up Monday  :)  Doing Seward, Homer, Kenai two days and the Kasilof.  Buying a freezer Thursday.  Nice catching Heat!!  Thanks for the current report too!

• Like 1

WOW, my dream trip!!!!

What did the total trip cost?

• Like 2

We fished out of Seward with Profish N Sea, Captain Woody on the Profish. Fished the Kenai this morning with Jason's Guide Service. Both were super fun to fish with and very professional. Would not hesitate to recommend either one, no doubt!

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 12:33 PM, twistzz said:

Way cool!!!  Headed up Monday  :)  Doing Seward, Homer, Kenai two days and the Kasilof.  Buying a freezer Thursday.  Nice catching Heat!!  Thanks for the current report too!

Fish are coming up good now, your timing is probably about perfect for the Upper and Middle Kenai!

Yahoo!!!!  Can’t wait :)   Thanks!

• Like 1

These sockeye salmon gave one heck of a fight! Using a little hook with yarn to "floss 'em" was kinda hard but productive. I lost a few by lifting their head out of the water. So used to going 12 O clock with the rod tip on the take it took a minute to train myself to put pressure on the fish at 3 O clock or horizontal. My wife was a natural. She put the first fish on the stringer and had her limit first. Very proud of her. Best part yet is she is totally addicted now, so more trips to come for me, lol!

20210721_162004.jpg

• Like 8

This lady right here showed me and her Dad how it was done.

image.thumb.png.b157c1b6c1bb62e68abbeb0db3e4b5ed.png

image.png.00cd863c2774196ed01353042f6edba3.png

The beer I was drinking was a Kenai Brewing Grateful Red, local red beer perfect for catching "red" salmon. The whole trip was just unreal and so much fun!

If you guys are ever looking for a guide on the Kenai, Jason Lesmeister is a bad butt! He is professional, competitive, fun to fish and talk smack with, had great gear, and got us tuned up in no time flat!

20210721_120843.jpg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Wonderful, keep rubbing it in. Looks like a blast

I'm back in Yuma now. It was one of the best vacations I have ever been on, and I have had some great trips! I know where I will be spending about a month a year when I retire, that's for sure!

• Like 4