I know this is not a news Flash, but it still drives nut nuts!

As I sit hear watching the news this morning, I jump back and forth between the two news channels so that I may get a little of everything.... :rolleyes: I am ammazed at how differently the direction of these two news shows are at 4:30 AM.....

CNN: "Sarah Palin is a religious Freak" "Alaska 'Dooms Day' video and Sarah Palin" "Biden is a hometown guy, too" "Biden says Macain/Palin have nothing for our country" "Palin is.... This, that, and the other...." And on and on and on... about beating on this gal.... and what a Loser she is.

Fox News: "Opra refuses to have Palin on her show" " Huricane Ike" "Sarah Palin is really helping make Macain a stronger canidate" "search for missing Casey is on hold because of flooding" "Sara Palins" eye glasses are flying off the shelf!" " Pres. Bush and his last "South Lawn" tee Ball game" "North Korean Leader may have been dead since 2003?" As well as several other news tid-bits.......

Diffence I saw.....

One did nothing but praise the Demacrats and Slam the Republicans.... The other mangaed to still get some news and commentary in as well as talk about the politics.... :rolleyes:

It just blows me away......

Funny thing is, there are a lot of folks who think CNN and MSNBC are balance news outlets and Foxnews is a right wing propaganda tool. No doubt the MSM is in a full-blown panic to try to find some way to discredit Palin, but according to the poles, it's not working.

I think the liberal news networks are starting to get the message. They can’t continue to support Obama and the radical left views and think they can claim balanced news reporting. They are also losing viewers every day.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0800008_pf.html

azyoung

MSNBC anounced today that Oberman and Matthews will no longer anchor their political coverage. They are now going to use a news person to do the anchoring. Oberman and Matthews will still keep their shows as they are MSNBC's highest rated shows.....

Liberal media or conservative media? Doesn't matter if it's Fox, CNN, MSNBC, NY Times, Washington Post, AZ Republic, CBS, etc, etc.... None of them is any better than the other..... seems like all sides will slant things to their agenda IMO. ;) No surprise here... :rolleyes:

S.

:)

Liberal media or conservative media? Doesn't matter if it's Fox, CNN, MSNBC, NY Times, Washington Post, AZ Republic, CBS, etc, etc.... None of them is any better than the other..... seems like all sides will slant things to their agenda IMO. ;) No surprise here... :rolleyes:

S.

:)

I agree somewhat. FOX is definitely more right of center. We grew up being taught that media was unbiased. Yeah right. I think the major gripe is that so many people on the left complain about FOX, when 80% of all media outlets slant left of center. All FOX did when they turned on the cameras was level the playing field a bit.

What really gets my goat, is they have Olberman doing Sunday night football now on NBC. I can't stand to watch the pregame anymore. Why we mix political people and sports is beyond me. Why piss off 45% of your viewers? And yes, I thought having Rush on ESPN was a bad idea also, although I do enjoy his show most of the time.

I was in the grocery store the other day and noticed it in the magazine headlines while waiting in line. One read "Obama: My life with my girls" and some captioning about sitting in the front row at dance recitals. Another magazine headline read "Sarah Palin: Lies, deceit and scandal" or something to that effect. They are trying so hard to influence our views. The worst part about it is that it is so obvious.

I am a union member(apprentice wireman)........and a registered republican. It seems like so many people need to be told what to think. The interesting thing to me is that even though about 95% of all union members are democrat I am not hearing too much about the people I work with liking Obama.

One national pollster has stated that unless BO has at least a 10 pt lead in polls the week prior to election he is toast. Too many people when asked will say they are going to vote for him, (even though they do not trust or believe him an his line of speaches) but that is because they do not want to be called racist. So when it comes time to punch the chad, they won't vote, or will vote for McCain.

not in the lamestream media but I believe it is at least 5 points and the Media favors him in the questions and the X factor in the polls won't be reported at all!

The print media is no different. My son had to do a report on the DNC so I went and bought three different newspapers: New York Time, Ariz. Republic and the Ariz. Daily Star. It was very obvious which way they went.

New York Times: front page and went on and on about how great the Kennedy's are, and by extension, Obamma.

Republic: front page story but is was toned down.

Star: story on the second page and it was a 'ho hum' article.

Thought that was interesting.

Voting guide: Do NOT vote personality; vote character and issues!

2008 PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE COMPARISON TALKING POINTS

You might want to pass this along to all of your friends. Every American should read it !!

ISSUE

JOHN McCAIN

BARACK OBAMA

Favors new drilling offshore US

Yes

No

Will appoint judges who interpret the law not make it

Yes

No

Served in the US Armed Forces

Yes

No

Amount of time served in the US Senate

22 YEARS

173 days

Will institute a socialized national health care plan

No

Yes

Supports abortion throughout the pregnancy

No

Yes

Would pull troops out of Iraq immediately

No

Yes

Supports gun ownership rights

Yes

No

Supports homosexual marriage

No

Yes

Proposed programs will mean a huge tax increase

No

Yes

Voted against making English the official language

No

Yes

Voted to give Social Security benefits to illegals

No

Yes

CAPITAL GAINS TAX

MCCAIN

0% on home sales up to $500,000 per home (couples). McCain does not propose any change in existing home sales income tax.

OBAMA

28% on profit from ALL home sales. If you sell your home and make a profit, you will pay 28% of your gain in taxes. If you are heading toward retirement and would like to down-size your home or move into a retirement community, 28% of the money you make from your home will go to taxes. This proposal will adversely affect the elderly who are counting on the income from their homes as part of their retirement income.

DIVIDEND TAX

MCCAIN

15% (no change)

OBAMA

39.6% - If you have any money invested in stock market, IRA, mutual funds, college funds, life insurance, retirement accounts, or anything that pays or reinvests dividends, you will now be paying nearly 40% of the money earned in taxes. The experts predict that 'Higher tax rates on dividends and capital gains would crash the stock market, yet do absolutely nothing to cut the deficit.'

INCOME TAX

MCCAIN

(no changes)

Single making 30K - tax $4,500

Single making 50K - tax $12,500

Single making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 60K- tax $9,000

Married making 75K - tax $18,750

Married making 125K - tax $31,250

OBAMA(reversion to pre-Bush tax cuts)

Single making 30K - tax $8,400

Single making 50K - tax $14,000

Single making 75K - tax $23,250

Married making 60K - tax $16,800

Married making 75K - tax $21,000

Married making 125K - tax $38,750

Under Obama, your taxes could almost double!

INHERITANCE TAX

MCCAIN

- 0% (No change, Bush repealed this tax)

OBAMA

Restore the inheritance tax -- Many families have lost businesses, farms, ranches, and homes that have been in their families for generations because they could not afford the inheritance tax. Those willing their assets to loved ones will only lose them to these taxes.

NEW TAXES PROPOSED BY OBAMA

New government taxes proposed on homes that are more than 2400 square feet.

New gasoline taxes (as if gas weren't high enough already)

New taxes on natural resources consumption (heating gas, water, electricity)

New taxes on retirement accounts .. and last but not least...

New taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same level of medical care as other third-world countries!

You can verify the above at the following web sites:

http://money.cnn.com/news/specials/election/2008/index..html

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.taxes.html

http://elections.foxnews.com/?s=proposed+taxes

http://bulletin.aarp.org/yourworld/politic...s_on_taxes.html

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-checke...s/barack_obama/

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-checke...es/john_mccain/

This has been one heckuva good thread.

I'd wondered how far MSNBC would be allowed to go. Today's action suggests there is still some hope that American journalism might continue to its unique tradition of valuing objectivity, at least in concept.

Over the past year the wild-eyed Obamacrats in the media had abandoned all pretense of objectivity. I was becoming disappointed in Joe Scarborough for not resigning in protest. He was getting a lot less air time than he used to, and I suspect it was because he was too effective in keeping the liberal commentators honest. Same with Tucker Carlson. Glad to learn there was some guiding hand behind the scenes that could save these people from themselves.

How do you 'spose Biden is gonna fair against Palin? Thus far she has been as sharp as a knife, cutting into the alleged lead BO has over McCain. If Biden attacks - he'll appear to be beating up on a woman. If he's kind and courteous - he'll be viewed as wuss.

I have never been a McCain fan - mostly cuz he's seemed to willing to reach across to the Demoncrats - but he may be exactly what this country needs. I see now and agree that he has devoted nearly all of his adult life to protecting and serving our country... not from a "Hey, look at me!" perspective like pin-prick purple heart Kerry, but a deep devotion to selflessness.

If we had run and won with someone MORE right-winged and conservative - the liberal media and elected lefties would have spent the next 4yrs doing nothing except fighting any reform.

I think McCain has the sack to call them out when they are blocking progress. Bush shoulda done it, but got tired ducking liberal bullets and torpedoes.

PalinLust.jpg