Sign in to follow this  
JACK

Muzzleloader Antelope

THE DISCLAIMER: Warning due to the diffrences of opinions, humor level, morals, values, sex , ideas, ethics, religion, and/or beliefs the following pictures and story maybe not sutible for some viewers. For the record this antelope was harvested on state land in the state of Arizona on the morning of September fifth, two thousand and eight at 7:13 a.m. mountain time, with the use of a muzzleloading rifle, shooting a optically sighted, 270 grain .50 cal heat seeking, rapidly expanding, platmium coated bullet, propeled by 130 grains of a substence known by the state of California to cause cancer death and air pollution. Motorized vehicals, video cameras, blow up antelope dolls, coffee, high powered optics, radios, breakfast burriots, water, cellurized phones, and snicker bars may have been present and/or used durning this hunt. And althought this was a God or Mother Nature or OSHA or...whatever...approved and designed set there was an animal harmed prior to the taking of a few of these pictures...

Long story short, after the excitement of getting drawn four months later and countless hours of scouting...I woke up Thursday morning to go scout around one more time...and at about seven a.m. I found this guy and seventeen of his girlfriends...

JacksAntelope08038.jpg

JacksAntelope08042.jpg

...and at seven p.m. twelve hours later when it was to dark to see anymore I quit watchin him and couldn't wait til dawn!

Morning finally came, dawn broke and I found myself 250 yards away from the herd. I knew this buck was super aggressive, watching him they day before he ran off anything that wasn't an antelope doe, little bucks, coyotes, deer, it didn't matter to him he didn't want them around. So I popped up my decoy and got ready...and nothing...I got his attention but he wasn't intersted and the herd feed off. I ran out of cover so i backed out, looped around and tried to get in front of them. I came up over a little rise and I could see a couple of the does 150 yards and the buck was bringing up the rear but never offered a good shot. I back off again and made another loop. The herd was coming through a little saddle about 120 yards as i peeked over the bear grass and a couple of does spotted me. I knew the buck was behind them so I quickly sat down and tried to find a opening to shoot through. All of the sudden I see the buck and he is RUNNING!...FASSSTT!...RIGHT AT ME! I had bearly enough time to get my gun cocked and shouldered and he was ON TOP OF ME! All I could see was hair, shoulder, brown, white...BOOM! SMOKE...Everything happened so fast it was unreal...did I miss? did I hit him? I jumped up to see through the smoke and saw the blood behind the shoulder and just let out a big woohoo...he went another couple strides and pilled up! It was one of the coolest hunts ever! I waited fourteen years to hunt a crazy suicidal antelope for an hour...it was worth the wait! Thanks for the help Dad!

JacksAntelope08013.jpg

JacksAntelope08007.jpg

AWESOME!

That is EXACTLY what my ML'er buck did last year. Ran straight at me from 100 yards out and I had just enough time to cock the hammer, find him in my scope and shoot.

Thanks for sharing!!!! Great buck. What did he score? I think there is alot of us on here very jealous of everyone they drew a Antelope tag this year.

Awesome buck! Great pictures and cool story....don't know if it gets better then that. Congrats.

Phil

That is a crazy story! Congrats on a great buck. I only hope I don't have to get 14 points, thats nine more years. Congrats again.

Mike

AWESOME! I had the pleasure of going with my dad on his first antelope tag this year. Muzzleloader as well. He knocked down a nice buck on a full run @ 75-85 yards. That gets your blood going!!!!!

Again, Awesome hunt, story, pictures, and disclaimer!!!!!!!