10Turkeys

Spring Draw

10 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

In the words of loyd Christmas. Man! You are one pathetic loser. No offense.

Those are words coming from a pathetic loser

4 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Your attempted insults are as pathetic as your shooting 

Talking about loyd Christmas, but I do have to agree my shooting was pretty pathetic 

No your limits and stick to them .I can't say I haven't lost an animal it happens to all hunters. But Damm 4 elk .I'm all about not bashing those for hunting with what's legal but you might need to change some things .I found that a rage in the shoulder on a deer is not a good thing and went to fixed blade and learned that it's important to make good shots no matter what your weapon of choice.For me it wasn't about yardage my shot was only 18 yds and the deer was broadside it was learning where to hit them.4 elk on any hunt is poor skills or just poor ethics and not caring about the game you hunt .it would get you kicked off the app to hunt in our group .

53 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

No your limits and stick to them .I can't say I haven't lost an animal it happens to all hunters. But Damm 4 elk .I'm all about not bashing those for hunting with what's legal but you might need to change some things .I found that a rage in the shoulder on a deer is not a good thing and went to fixed blade and learned that it's important to make good shots no matter what your weapon of choice.For me it wasn't about yardage my shot was only 18 yds and the deer was broadside it was learning where to hit them.4 elk on any hunt is poor skills or just poor ethics and not caring about the game you hunt .it would get you kicked off the app to hunt in our group .

This was definitely the worst I’ve done on a hunt ever. I’m 2 for 2 on otc deer but this was a whole different game almost. I switched up arrows about last minute and changed broadheads too that’s what might’ve done it. Hate to make those excuses because I just wasn’t focused this go around and it ended up putting arrows in multiple bulls 

Sounds like a lot of the basics were missed.1 never change anything before a hunt if you've already got it shooting.2 practice and practice .3 set limits.elk are big ruff animals if there hit bad they will usually stop and lay down to die if not pushed.your blood and arrow would tell you this biased on color and smell .elk hit bad need a lot of time 8 or more hours to die if you push them they move and you can get where there is no blood to trail.you owe it to the animal you hunt to learn all you can and put them down quickly. Poor hits and no blood requires grid search patterns and a day or 2 of time

• Like 2

21 hours ago, deerslayer23 said:

Haha I’ll try to remember to do more of that next time I draw a tag

I hope you never draw another tag.

When you hit an animal that's your animal though you haven't tagged it yet. That is your bull, you spend the rest of your hunt looking for it not going on to wound three more. 

• Like 4

This is for all hunters ! The animals we hunt deserve the respect and admiration we should be giving them .take the time to make good shots and do the right thing for the animal .you would not want to be on the other end of your poor shot.they deserve better!!

33 minutes ago, Crazymonkey said:

This is for all hunters ! The animals we hunt deserve the respect and admiration we should be giving them .take the time to make good shots and do the right thing for the animal .you would not want to be on the other end of your poor shot.they deserve better!!

That how I feel about governor tags and auction tags. Really a village of people to get an animal. Thx G&F for selling to the higher at bidder.

• Like 1