CouesWhitetail

Guess the score contest Oct 2008

Well, I spent yesterday afternoon scoring a few trophies that hunter RH Bryant has killed over the years. One of those was a very nice non-typical Coues from Mexico. He took this buck while hunting with his cousin, Jason Sherwood (aka DesertSheep). I thought this would make a very nice Guess the Score buck, so here you go.

You can make only one guess and it's for total gross score on this buck (i.e., total inches of antler without deductions).

I don't exactly know what the prizes will be, but probably the top 3 guesses will win CouesWhitetail.com tshirts of their choosing. If there are ties in the top 3, I may either go to net score to tie break or just award a few more prizes to cover it.

Please enter only one guess and if you can, try not to duplicate other people's guesses so we can avoid ties. Contest will run until Tues Oct 21st at 5 pm. Both G-2s fork, so look for that in the pics, most of the pics don't show the right side well.

RH had this buck done as a life-size mount and it's a gorgeous mount by Weller's wildlife studio (the pics don't do it justice because it was getting dark outside). I tried to convince RH to leave the mount at my house so he wouldn't have to trouble with it anymore, but for some reason he took it home with him :lol:

post-1-1223237385_thumb.jpg

post-1-1223237435_thumb.jpg

post-1-1223237484_thumb.jpg

post-1-1223237499.jpg

post-1-1223237597.jpg

post-1-1223237515_thumb.jpg

post-1-1223237555_thumb.jpg

post-1-1223237636.jpg

post-1-1223238219_thumb.jpg

131 3/8.. Beautiful buck! Love the mass and the G3's

Amanda, are you sure he killed him, and didnt just put him in captivity? That buck is still alive!!! :D

131 3/8.. Beautiful buck! Love the mass and the G3's

Amanda, are you sure he killed him, and didnt just put him in captivity? That buck is still alive!!! :D

I like the bladed brow tines too. I know what you mean, it sure did look alive. And trust me the real mount is much more alive looking than my photos. Wish I had a full size mount like that, it's awesome! When you turn around and see something like that, it just takes your breath away!

Amanda

This is the type of buck that the last thing you'll worry will be the score. My guess is 126.

Ernesto C

125 2/8 - Wellers did a great job- nice to see a life size coues!

AzP&Y