carpcody

Hunting with glasses

12 minutes ago, Newbie2012 said:

If you’re over 40 and diagnosed with presbyopia, LASIK cannot prevent the natural aging process of the lens and may not be effective. We all encounter this after 40. My eye doc told me there’s a different procedure for presbyopia. Just something to ask during your LASIK appointment. 

I can’t glass with my glasses on, so for now, I take them off and just kinda live with it.

I don't have any problem glassing either freehand or from a tripod.

• Like 2

My eyes are starting to go as well, I can see distance but just can't read without cheaters.

My question is, Can't you just focus you bino's to your eyes, so  you don't have to glass with your glasses on?  I really have no idea just wondering

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

I don't have any problem glassing either freehand or from a tripod.

I don’t how you do it, but I just can’t get comfortable or get the best focus. I only really need glasses for reading, so it’s just easier for me to take them off when I’m behind the binos. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, reddog said:

My eyes are starting to go as well, I can see distance but just can't read without cheaters.

My question is, Can't you just focus you bino's to your eyes, so  you don't have to glass with your glasses on?  I really have no idea just wondering

That’s basically what I do, but to me there’s now a noticeable difference from when I was younger. It seems I just can’t get that sweet spot on the focus wheel anymore. Things just aren’t crisp like they used to be. Very frustrating. 

57 minutes ago, reddog said:

My right eye is quit a bit worse than my left. So I can never get the binos where I really want them. Hopefully lasik will help with all of that. 

24 minutes ago, carpcody said:

My right eye is quit a bit worse than my left. So I can never get the binos where I really want them. Hopefully lasik will help with all of that. 

Try readjusting the diopter. I hadn’t adjusted it for the longest time. There was a noticeable improvement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newbie2012 said:

That’s basically what I do, but to me there’s now a noticeable difference from when I was younger. It seems I just can’t get that sweet spot on the focus wheel anymore. Things just aren’t crisp like they used to be. Very frustrating. 

What bino's are you currently using?

I also have to remove my glasses to use binos, or at least to use them effectively. My problem is that even with the eye cups of most binos screwed all the way in, the lenses of my glasses will hit the lens of the binos before I can get my eyes close enough to the binos for the correct eye relief. If it's just a quick glance through the binos freehand I can make do, but I end up just taking my glasses off to glass from the tripod for long periods of time. It's a hassle, but it's the only way I've been able to glass comfortably. As others mentioned I've been able to adjust my binos to see perfectly without my glasses.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Newbie2012 said:

Try readjusting the diopter. I hadn’t adjusted it for the longest time. There was a noticeable improvement. 

I have and still can’t get right. That’s with my 15s, when using 10s and 12s there really isn’t much problem. 

1 minute ago, carpcody said:

I have and still can’t get right. That’s with my 15s, when using 10s and 12s there really isn’t much problem. 

I don't remember much of an issue with 15's. I currently have 10EL's and 12 NL and don't have any problems. Sorry to hear you guys are having problems.

I've had 2 optic nerve surgery, went from left eye to right eye dominant , cant get Lasik .  I glass with doctors 30x and swaro 15's HD. I turn the eye pieces down and adjust right eye and have no problem, sometimes throw a towel over my head to help with the sun. Anyway glasses are better then being blind. Good luck

• Like 3

6 hours ago, reddog said:

The real frustration is the momentary transition between binos up and seeing glasses back on and then seeing glasses back off and binos back up!!!

Course not drawing a tag really hinders my glassing ability!!!

• Like 3