Sign in to follow this  
n2horns

2022 SD Tuna/Yellowtail trips

3 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

You think if I went to Ensenada with an expired passport and checked by the marines, would they care? I’m thinking of fishing out of Ensenada cuz F California 

Pinche pendejo. 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

if driving to Ensenada, no passport is fine

like driving to puerto Penasco 

Yeah but I told my buddy was going and  he said the navy in mx pulls over the boats and check passports and mine would be no good. Idk though, cuz everyone was going to Cabo and fishing with expired passports  

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

And yeah I should send it in, but I wanna go to lobos 2 more times this summer 

There are a couple of places in Tempe that rush it through in about 4 day$.

57 minutes ago, SunDevil said:

Are you driving to Ensenada or going in a boat. Different rules 

Driving then Fishing out of Ensenada. What would be the difference either way you’re inside 12 miles in Mexican waters 

Fished out of Ensenda back in like 2002 or 2003. Booked 12 passenger boat for 4 of us. Tried tuna fishing but nothing was biting. Hit a bank for all the reds and lings you could catch. It was similar to a 3/4 or full day trip from San Diego. Great experience and super cheap. I think the whole boat was around $500 then.

12 minutes ago, Heat said:

Fished out of Ensenda back in like 2002 or 2003. Booked 12 passenger boat for 4 of us. Tried tuna fishing but nothing was biting. Hit a bank for all the reds and lings you could catch. It was similar to a 3/4 or full day trip from San Diego. Great experience and super cheap. I think the whole boat was around $500 then.

Yeah and I hear all these SD boats going for yellowtail. I don’t Want to drive 6 hours to SD to find out im going yellowtail fishing 

Ya until the warm water settles in and things regroup they will probably be paddy fishing. Especially now that the dorado have showed up. Get your passengers 2 doritos off a kelp with a satellite beacon and head to the house. Maybe get lucky and find one with some yellows on the way home. Easy money.

• Like 1

Actually there are some great boats and skippers in the fleet that will fish their butt off and do the absolute best for the customers but there are others that go pull that crap that I mentioned above and without a lot of time in and around that "scene" it can be tough to separate the good from the bad. One boat I was on we had a great crew and a great trip two years . Next year same boat different crew total nightmare from what I hear but I wasn't there. I was in Alaska but I trust the source.

I get it, just the one trip I was looking invited on they drove all the way there expecting tuna then took a vote and decided to go yellowtail. 

after hearing that I began researching Ensenada and it seems way better. Idk why i didn’t think of it sooner or I’d been going for years 

Driving within a hundred miles of the border, no passport needed

flying to or boating to MX you need a passport

you would need a passport to fly to Tijuana even though it is right on the border